Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Rep on Newstalk today 8:45

Options
  • 24-10-2003 8:23am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just heard on the radio that there will be an Eircom representative on Newstalk 106 at 8:45 this morning (Friday) to discuss various issues including broadband.

Start txting and emailing in your questions now.

The newstalk website is http://www.newstalk106.ie/

They have streaming radio at the above address for those of you outside Dublin.

The shows email address is: breakfast@newstalk106.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Missed it.

Anyone get the details?
    Thanks, J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone got a recording of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Did he actually turn up, or was it the usual eircom no show

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

He turned up alright. DMcW even gave him a bit of a slagging at the top of the slot about never being able to get an Eircom rep on.

Anyway, someone else might have paid more attention than I did but the crux of it was that, as far as yer man was concerned, Eircom was responsible for bringing broadband into the country and that they are charging the EU average for the service.

He also mentioned some other Eircom broadband offering of €35 a month ex. VAT. Anyone know what that is?

Maybe someone else picked other things up that they might share. No news as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by fatherdougalmag

He also mentioned some other Eircom broadband offering of €35 a month ex. VAT. Anyone know what that is?

this is there normal service but for a short time they have a offer to get it for 35pm for 12 months. afaik .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Only a tiny number of people will be getting the 10 euro rebate as this applies only to the engineer install and moreover only applies for a limited length of time. It is still cheaper to go for the self-install option.

DSL from Eircom is still 54 euros a month.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I managed to record it to Minidisc, but I won't get a chance to encode it to MP3 until I get back from Cork on Monday.

So if no one else has posted it by then, I will post it.

Nothing interesting really, usual Eircom spin.

1) We brought bb to Ireland, aren't we great.
    2) We are charging the european average price, aren't we great.
    3) We are cheaper then the US, aren't we great.

All the usual lies, bs and misdirection.

Interestingly David McWilliams said that he has gotten bb over wireless from Esat and that it is cheaper then Eircom.

Perhpas he was just confused and got wireless and Esat LLU or IOL RADSL mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

1) We brought bb to Ireland, aren't we great.

Thank you. Pitty it was 5 years too late.

2) We are charging the european average price, aren't we great.

After Greece, this is Europe's most expensive broadband offering. Talk about changing the definition of average.

All the people I know in the US must have been lying to me about what they pay. Not to mention all the broadband offerings published on web sites must be lies. Unless, of course, Eircom are not telling the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Typical ignorance. They believe that the listening majority is ignorant enough on current events in relation to broadband worldwide, that they would believe that Eircom is cheaper than ISP's in the states.

I've seen 3 meg lines in the US for less than what we pay for a 4gb capped 512k d/s service. They have to lie, because it is easier to admit to the fact that their service -- and I could not find a word more appropiate to fit this -- but it "sucks".

Support is way too expensive.
    A 4 gig cap is miserable.

Upgrade us all to a 1 meg line with no cap, cheap technical support and only then, shall I have no beef with Eircom.

Advertisement