Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom KILLED my line!!

Options
  • 24-10-2003 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

I have just had my line IOL BB enabled within 8 days of signing up :D - But altough my line has been BB enabled and BB is working great I have lost my dial tone and my ability to make or receive calls. Well done Eircom. :rolleyes:

Anyone come across this one before?

If it has any relevance my call carrier is not Eircom.

Cal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 yallingup

The exact same thing has happened to me too, though I've been on IOLBB for a couple of months. Think it might have something to do with the storms. But I'm getting passed from 1901 from 1550 number and back to 1901. Been on hold for 15mins with 1901 so far. Will scream and yell and ask for supervisor whenever I get hold of somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Oh well that's good to hear. So it seems possible for the voice line to go down and the BB to stay working.

So it may have been pure coincidence that my lane was BB enabled and lost it's voice call ability at the same time.

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 yallingup

Update: Eircom finally accepted after some argument that the problem might be with my line and promptly (less than 1 hour!) had an engineer round my house. Seems the lightning fried my (monitored) alarm box and blocked my line as a result. So voice calls now work but engineer has buggered off and only one phone socket operational (don't ask). Time for another 30 mins on hold...

Moral of the story: insist to 1901 dopes that it is THEIR problem.

I've been speeking to a bloke (lucky contact) in my local exchange and he is sending someone to look at the connection made at the DSLAM and to check that all is in order.

Fingers crossed.

Cal.

:mad: Unbloody real!!!:mad:

Biddy rings back (on the dead line) and leaves a message on my voicemail telling me that because the line is DSL enabled that I would have to contact IOL. WHY I ask myself? I am renting the line from eircom. There is nothing bloody wrong with my DSL.

Anyhow My contact at the exchange lived up to his word and sent someone to look at my connection. A jumper had been left in where it shouldn't and once removed all is working again.

Another gleaming example of incompetence within Eircoms fault reporting service. Accidents can happen and do but if I had not had a contact within Eircom I would be sent from pillar to post and all around the houses because eircom won't accept responsibility for their line.

And how was I to know that eircom were not dealing with the issue any further if they leave a message on the dead line. (I know I can ring into my voicemail from elsewhere but not everyone would know how to do that. Or even think that their may be messages there.)

Cal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Cal67
    And how was I to know that eircom were not dealing with the issue any further if they leave a message on the dead line. (I know I can ring into my voicemail from elsewhere but not everyone would know how to do that. Or even think that their may be messages there.)
    Write it all down, and send it (snail mail) to eircom - If people like you don't follow through on complaints like this, it'll never improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Cal67
    leaves a message on my voicemail telling me that because the line is DSL enabled that I would have to contact IOL. WHY I ask myself? I am renting the line from eircom. There is nothing bloody wrong with my DSL.

Anyhow My contact at the exchange lived up to his word and sent someone to look at my connection. A jumper had been left in where it shouldn't and once removed all is working again.

Another gleaming example of incompetence within Eircoms fault reporting service. Accidents can happen and do but if I had not had a contact within Eircom I would be sent from pillar to post and all around the houses because eircom won't accept responsibility for their line.
    Write that all down and send it snail mail to Comreg.

If you think that Comreg are useful, they may be able to do something about it eventually.

If you think Comreg are useless , it's complaints like this that may influence them when they wake up to do some work some day.

Either way it's worth sending the letter or email (and a letter to Eircom as per Ripwave's suggestion above). It was Eircom's fault and they tried to pass the buck (apart from your friendly contact at the exchange).

Advertisement