Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Mats

Options
  • 22-08-1999 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Whats the Best type, and where can i get them... cheep cheeky.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

dont get one of those foam pieces of **** with a hard piece of plastic on top.
    you put any pressure on the mouse and it sinks smile.gif
    best pad i've ever used is Dell's thin blue mat they ship with pc's .. as long as you keep it clean its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

allsop are pretty good imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

Hey i use a hard plastik one kali:>

Works good for me.
    I think those dell ones are vvank:>

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

a durty black hard plastic mousemat !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Allsop all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Answer the man. Where in Dublin can you buy good mousemats?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Actually i'm in Galway smile.gif
    but where can i get them anywhere? Online would be cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

I use a beha lino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

cant compete with that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've got myself a nice 3M Precise Mouse Surface which is a great mat. As recommended by Bluesnews:-

"Can a mouse pad make a difference? Most hardcore players I know swear by the 3M Precise Mousing Surface. Here's a mini-review I posted on October 10, 1998 and some tips sent along by Tony Fabris on how to keep a Precise Mousing Surface in game condition:

3M Precise Mousing Surface Mini-Review by Blue
    I am playing around with the updated version of one of the few products that I can endorse without the slightest hesitation (or compensation for that matter), the 3M Precise Mousing Surface. I think I can lay claim to being one of the first to spill the beans about this little wonder some time ago, and I've seen others mention it since, but if you're not familiar with the PMS, it's a terribly thin mousepad with tiny fingerprint-like ridges that help maintain traction on your mouseball. The increased precision (hence the name) this provides can actually help increase your frag count (a bit), and I can easily call this the best mousepad I've ever used. 3M has addressed complaints that the pad was too small by increasing its area a bit, while addressing the other major complaint as well by lowering the suggested price (it was original close to $20). About the only bad thing you can say about them is that they are fugly: They were originally a mainstream product, and though 3M now realizes they appeal to gamers, the designs on these things look like Formica countertops. A basic black would have been so nice. Anyway, a mouse pad is not easy to get enthusiastic about, which makes this one all the more remarkable. Highly recommended.

3M PMS Tips
    by Tony Fabris
    1) The pad is flexible and somewhat fragile. If you bend or scratch it seriously, it will create "dead spots" in the surface that will make the pad useless. So if you spend a lot of time going to LAN parties (like I do), you should make sure to keep the original packaging that the pad came in.

2) Since the pads are so thin, they sometimes tend to curl quite a bit, causing them to not be perfectly flat on your desk at all times. This also makes them nearly useless. So if you have a problem with the pad curling, do what I did: Buy some spray-mount adhesive (coincidentally made by 3M, too, go figure), and use it to stick the pad to your desktop. Don't worry, it's not permanent and it peels off nicely without leaving a residue behind. (This assumes that your desk has a standard kind of top surface and it's not painted or anything odd like that.) The label gives instructions on how to create a permanent mounting or a temporary mounting."

Ye gotta get one lads.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GlassMan

I've had my kitchen floor done with the 3M Precise Mousing Surface & very nice it is too. (I play lying down on it and its very touchy-feely)

http://www.bluesnews.com/mouse.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ye ol blue dell mat that came with the puter does fine for me....... when i can find it under bits of fish n chips, abracababra wrappers, big mac crusts etc.

ever try getting burger mayonaise outta the surface of a mat? damn hard i tell you
    and as for fried rice thats gets into the bleedin thing! cant use mouse button 1 or 2 anymore. and i can only move turn left.
    not good for rally driving i tell you.

so, i do not endorse this product for 'serious' drivers of fast cars in the motorsports game. hmm mind you, barachello could do with one. sure hed go off the track on the straight in the dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

The Dell mat is nice alright, but the 3M is the ultimate.

I bought one in the US and I left it in me hotel room, so I just use me Dell one now.

Or if that fails an excellent quality mousemat from work smile.gif

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

alsop are better than the dell ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ffs, any mousemat with a fabric surface works well. go buy one.

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bullet

I nicked my mat off of this big hairy fuker of a brown mouse...he wasn't too pleased 'cos now he has nothing to wipe his feet with on a muddy day...agh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oh dear god. delete that post.

Advertisement