Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was PHitness recorded last night?

Options
  • 24-10-2003 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Lads and lassies in Phantom Towers,

There was a mic hanging from the balcony in Whelans last night for PHitness - were ye recording the gig? If so will it be broadcast at any stage?

Good gig though folks, loved the Autamata acoustic set - very different from the full group, well done Ken and Carol.

Republic of Loose put in a great show and the set from Juno Falls was top notch (though will we ever hear Give Up Your Day Job again?!). The lads had some great Turin Brakes like harmonies going on at times!

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there,

First of all, thanks to all those who came down to the gig in Whelans last night. Given that we had two days on air promotion, we were chuffed with the turnout, yay for you! Great night was had by all.

Yes, the whole gig was recorded on to DAT. We're going to get it mastered up and ready for broadcast and yep, you will get to hear lots of it on Phantom over the coming weeks. Will get back to ye when its ready.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    97.3 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

So who were the special guests? Go on, tell all!
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maladroit

Elton whose second name I can't spell (ex Brando)

and someone else I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Elton Mullally (ex-Brando) is his name and the Juno Falls guys (ex-Blotooth) were also guesting.

Main acts were:
    Autamata (Ken and Carol on their own)
    Blink
    Republic of Loose

Great gig!

Advertisement