Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backyard wrestling

• 24-10-2003 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the documentry last night on backyard wrestling in england crazy kids i tells ya!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by puntosporting
    Anyone see the documentry last night on backyard wrestling in england crazy kids i tells ya!

The one on channel 4. Yeah, they are so hard and tough :rolleyes:
    Jesus, I've done worse things to me mates than that.
    I thought the best part, though, was the father of the 'most extreme backyard wrestler in the UK'. "Oh my god, my son is blading himself, he must be depressed or suicidal or something".
    Typical channel 4 programming - trying to shock you with $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I used to backyard wrestle all the time when I was younger and I didnt need no stinking blades - strawberry jam looked so much better, and tasted nicer - take the philosphy of Mick Foley - dont do it, just fake it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Alot of those guys were just ****ed up.

Whats the story with acne boy? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hormones.

we all had much more fun in the woods with gas powered BB guns with our shirts off (made it more interesting when you hit someone) when I were a lad. :D

every now and again someone was chosen as target practise and he'd be the only one who didn't know about it (until it was too late). said victim always ended up going home looking like they had chicken pox. :D

one of the lads got hit in the eye once and had a little brown bruise on his eyeball for weeks, but aside from that notobdy had any real damage done to them.

back on topic though, what's the point in wrestling anyway if it's fake?

would have been much more fun if it was back yard fight club. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by vibe666
    back on topic though, what's the point in wrestling anyway if it's fake?

About as much point as your posting of that comment. :rolleyes:

To be honest, Backyard Wrestling are done by a bunch of fools who really haven't a clue what they're getting themselves in for. They do this for a couple of years, make a few tapes and then try to go to NWA-Hammerlock thinking they'll be snapped up in a shot.

Fact of the matter is, most guys who know what their doing think Backyard Wrestling is a pile of toss anyway, and while it might be funny to watch, it's still will always be seen as a joke. And once it goes too far, it'll be canned.

Sorry, I'm with Mick Foley's view on this as well. Mate of mine got the best of Backyard Wrestling DVD and I was pretty much expecting a bunch of fools ready to injure themselves while their mates sits there with a cam pissing himself... and what did i see?

A bunch of fools ready to injure themselves while their mates sits there with a cam pissing himself.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

[

would have been much more fun if it was back yard fight club. :D [/B]

SsssHhhhh ur not meant to talk about fight club. ;)

And both of you have just broken the first two rules ;)
    Nero.

PS: Before you ask questions, remember the first rule of Project Mayhem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well nero even though u didnt say fight club u were still yalikng about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

hmmmmmmmmm your theory interests me and i wish to suscribe to your news letter

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Well nero even though u didnt say fight club u were still yalikng about it :P

Now how do you know? Prove it!, I could have been talking about something completely different...

Like Project Mayhem! ;)
    Nero

Advertisement