Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the D-link DSL604+ work with Netsource?

• 24-10-2003 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Have searched and searched... can't find a definitive answer!

If you have one working with Netsource, will you also please post your firmware version.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Works fine here, but only after it was flashed with the latest firmware.
    When i first did it the modem died on me and i had to RMA it, but D Link fixed it, send it back and now it is working fine.
    Flashed it because it was not working well before with NetSource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chewb

Thanks for that Nitrox...

Can you tell me what version firmware you're actually running now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

mine worked fine out of the box.... well i messed up the options a little........ just dont put in the fixed IP they give u :)

Current Firmware Version R2.21.002.11.b3t13uk
    ADSL driver Version Annex_A(T.79.4.7)

Originally posted by chewb
    Thanks for that Nitrox...

Can you tell me what version firmware you're actually running now?

this is a copy paste of what it says on the Firmware page of the modem, D Link put this on when i send it for RMA.
    R2.21.002.11.b3t31uk

Just a quick note, if u ever have to do a RMA with D Link u first get to talk to some really bad first level support, so insist on getting the phone number to 2. level who actually know what they are doing and who can say yes or no to the RMA, i did this and had a total downtime of a week, would have been at least 2 weeks if i had not kept calling them as the first spanish women totally messed up all my details. Just call the reception in the UK and ask for 2. level, they are really quite nice!

Again, nitrox, thanks for that.

Fingers crossed, touch wood, and a decade of the rosary, I won't have to speak to RMA it... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

There's a firmware update since that one:

Current Firmware Version R2.21.002.11.b3t33uk
    ADSL driver Version Annex_A(T.79.4.7)

This version has made a huge difference. My router freezes a hell of a lot less (twice today but it hasn't done so in days otherwise). The resetting is still very annoying. I will never EVER buy this router again nor will I recommend it to anyone. I'm not hugely happy with mine but it's serving it's purpose now and acting a lot nicer than when I first got it.

A Bit afarid to update my firmware as i dont want to do another RMA..
    Mine froze up 2 times yesterday also, think it has something to do with MSN messenger

Have read elsewhere alright that some routers are having problems with MSN Messenger... not just d-link either.

Advertisement