Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD+RW/CD-RW for €99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

With VAT and shipping added it totals €140.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

its €20 euros cheaper to get it shipped to Germany, must get back in contact with the in-laws!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭spuddy

its €10 cheaper to get it sent to the UK, madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

well i live in the uk feel free to use my address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

DVD-R 4x for 105euro or so on jes-computers i think it is, can't remember exact url. Toshiba model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The iomega one only does dvd+r and that jes computers one only does dvd-r, that's the catch. Has anyon got a link to a cheap one that does both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&AvdID=1&CatID=3&sku=117959&view=detailed

can a fe of you lads lok at this and let me know what you think, is this a bargain and if so is it a good make/brand, will it do the job etc etc

thanks

the above NEC drive is available for €198 from a store in dublin, so depending on shipping costs from komplett, this would be quicker and safer

http://www.marx-computers.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=DVD_Drive&cart_id=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

ul find that NEC dvd for £84.60 stg heremicro direct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

howsurpadddy Paddy, have u bought of microdirect before? Are they to be trusted, what the delivery likely to be on a cd drive...I was thinking it might be cheaper to fly over ryanair style to manchester and pick it up myself [jk]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have microdirect started delivering outside of the UK?

Fabritzo: ive ordered hardware from em a few times with no problems, think the delivery might take a day or too longer than u might expect but its a small price for cheap hardware. as for the cost of delivery i cant really say ive ever noticed so i spose its what u'd expect from any website.

sceptre: as i said above ive ordered from em numerous times an never had a prob shipping stuff to ireland, u sure its not scan.co.uk ur thinkin of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

whosurpaddy,
    i was trying to order of microdirect.co.uk this week but when i went to the to place the order it came up ont the screen that they only accept credit card orders and delivers to the uk over the web. There was no option to select any other delivery than the standard u.k. delivery rate. How did u order off them, did u have to place the order over the phone?

nope i definitely ordered online, cant remember my logon for them atm, i have it written down at home somewhere, when im at home il look it up an logon to see that nothing has changed with them since i last ordered.

i have ordered form them by phone aswell. there sales num is 0870 44 44 456.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

yes but that same drive is available without the retail packaging and cables for 144.33 with about a tenner delivery charge from komplett...Or am I missing somfin ;)

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

available from Marx-computers.com this has to be a bargin:

LiteOn 4x DVD+/- Rewriter

LiteOn LDW411, internal IDE, UDMA33
    writes the following formats:
    DVD+R (4x), DVD+RW (4x), DVD-R (4x), DVD-RW (2x)
    CD-R (40x), CD-RW (24x), CD/DVD read (40x/12x)
    no software incl. <---or cd/dvd recording media but he does a deal on

Euro 159.00 incl. VAT 21%

any good? have you seen better elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

OptoRite 4X DD0203 DVD±RW CDRW Dual Drive - BEIGE

http://www.pcsupplysource.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=DVDRW%2DOP%2D0203&cc=&tpc=

Im just thinking of getting a dvd/cd burner and this has the HD-Burn and burn proof and all the works, and on that site its $107, duno what delivery will be but it looks deadly.

let us know what youse think

heres a site with specs
    http://www.extrememhz.com/dd0203-p1.shtml

• Advertisement
Advertisement