Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com Delivery service?

• 24-10-2003 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hey can anyone tell me which company Play.com use to ship the games? I ordered KOTOR last friday and still hasnt arrived. (probably normal post then knowing them). Thanks in advance

Storm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 walleex

Normal post. 1 week is not unusual. Can't complain when they don't charge for postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by walleex
    Normal post. 1 week is not unusual. Can't complain when they don't charge for postage.
    Yep. That's always been my philiosophyas regards freebies. When there's delays, you can enquire sure, but never complain :)

4 working days is normal for me. 6 is not unheard of. In fact last week, I ordered 5 DVDs. One was ordered 2 days before the rest. 4 of them arrived together (including the one posted out 2 days before) and the fifth arrived on tuesday, 3 working days after the rest. No biggie :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As it was pointed out, I'd like to say it again - it's free! (and you get what you pay for!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Here goes the scam. Just call em and they will send a new one out. They dont actually check into it at all, there warehouse is in Jersey and customer care office is in Cambridge. I know someone who works there and supposedly they allow for 6% of stuff to go missing in the post and just re-post something that has taken a week to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ill give it until monday but if it dont show up ill give them a ring. A friend of mine ordered KOTOR on the saturday off of Amazon he got his on wednesday, for around 5-6euro more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Ill give it until monday but if it dont show up ill give them a ring. A friend of mine ordered KOTOR on the saturday off of Amazon he got his on wednesday, for around 5-6euro more.

Exactly. 5-6 Euro more. Like everyone else says, it's free. Quit complainin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I've got two things and both took a week to get here, so I was happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I havent actually complained about the service i have just been wondering how long it will take to get here, Fag.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I havent actually complained about the service i have just been wondering how long it will take to get here, Fag.

"(probably normal post then knowing them)"

Sounds like complaining to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I ordered 2 things before one took 5 days the other took 16 but their prices are good so i cannt complain. They wont do anything about missing stuff untill 14 days have passed since shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Here goes the scam. Just call em and they will send a new one out. They dont actually check into it at all, there warehouse is in Jersey and customer care office is in Cambridge. I know someone who works there and supposedly they allow for 6% of stuff to go missing in the post and just re-post something that has taken a week to deliver.

Amazon are the same :-) Never tried it myself but I know friends who have complained about not receiving goods, amazon post a replacement out, and soon after the original order arrives. Amazon never tried to claim it back...it's their hard luck, their p&p is a complete rip off and they could easily absorb the 50p charge for registered post :-)
    But don't rip off Play. Play rule. Never taken more than 5 working days for my orders to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Most stuff takes 4/5 working days to get delivered to me, with the (quite rare) occasional 6/7 day delivery. I've had a few arrive inside of 3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Last 2 orders i made took two weeks, is that unusual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most stuff I order from play arrives in 8 working days if it is in stock at the time of ordering.

Pity they don't ship items from their "gadgets" section outside the UK, I quite like that region free dvd player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They normally take a few working days, it takes longer now that An Post have changed there postal system though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Play used to be really fast. Now the stuff is taking longer and longer to arrive. It's on average 5 working days, before I'd get the stuff in 3.
    Cd-Wow is the best. Fastest was 2 days from Hong Kong. I dont see why post from Jersey takes so long compared to post from Australia, Canada and Hong Kong.

Originally posted by Stephen
    Pity they don't ship items from their "gadgets" section outside the UK, I quite like that region free dvd player.

They don't... awww crap. Some good stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I dont see why post from Jersey takes so long compared to post from Australia, Canada and Hong Kong.

Possibly because their packages are sent 2nd class post? I can't recall if they are, but it would certainly explain why it takes 5 days to get to Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Plus, isn't there a sort of postal strike on in the UK at the moment. Surely that will effect deliveries.

I have ordered over 30 items from play. Only once has an item not arrived. I emailed them and they sent me a replacement.

BTW if ordering stuff over the internet during the next two months, expect delays, Christmas is coming and both the companies and postal services will be up the walls.

Would the postal strike in Engerland be holding up dvds that have been ordered recently (it's taken slightly longer than usual for my dvds to reach me)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pug {erZ}

You bet your ass - they locked the bloody Post boxes cos
    they already have a weeks backlog to get sorted first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

My orders from Play usually arrive within 5 working Days.

I also found Cdwow to be very fast I orderd a Cd last Thursday night and had it on Tuesday afternoon when the post arrived and thats coming from Hong Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

When first started ordering off Play a good 2-3 years ago I'd sometimes get my gear in 2 working days (ie order Mon arrive Wed) and no more than 4... Now it's more like 5-8 days if I'm lucky!!! As has been said by more than a few already though - they deliver for free and their prices kick the fu*ck out of our High Street prices so I'm not complaining... Besides it's not as if I have a ridiculous amount of free time to watch all the DVDs I order off them anyway! There's always a scheduled backlog of stuff to watch in my gaff - always! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

My copy of F-Zero was posted on the 31st last month but still hasn't arrived. I should've bought it in Smyths and spent the extra €7.

I also ordered the Kill Bill Soundtrack and that arrived two days later. Maybe it depends on the day you order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

I ordered 5 dvd's off play recently just got em last week.It took 16 working days I think, first time ordering off them I was *****ing it I thought they were gone.
    Im happy now I saved a lot of money and i would have had to wait for them anyway couldnt get them in town would have had to be ordered and one DVD was on pre-order too, so it worked out well really even though it took a lot longer than i expected. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I pre-ordered Worms3d from them. It arrived on Friday, which i think is exactly a week after its release :)

Advertisement