Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Counts.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Originally posted by DeVore
    So Mr Andersen, you've read 12318687346853 posts since February last year eh? And you dont have a computer at home DO YOU.

the man has a point :)

DeV.

Who has the point Dev?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by neuromancer
    Who has the point Dev?

SILENCE. You have a mear 162 posts. You will bow down before my 220....ALL OF YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Who has the point Dev?
    Victor I assume

You can picture the scene:

"Hmmm, Mr Anderson. It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're a successful designer for our company, North Wall Widgets International incorporating Trotters Independent Traders, a respected widgets firm. You have a PPS number, you pay the taxes you can't get away with and you... help your neighbour massage his dog once a week. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias 'neuromancer', where you're guilty of reading thousands of posts daily on this er, boards dot eye eee, on company time, which we have a perfect record of, while you should be designing a better widget and making tea. One of these lives has a future and one of them... does not. Pack your bags, boards boy"
    Originally posted by Peace
    SILENCE. You have a mear 162 posts. You will bow down before my 220....ALL OF YOU.
    /cowers. Yes Mr Peace, sir. Would you like some tea?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yup, something like that Sceptre :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Originally posted by Peace

Oh look, a funny person. HA. eh, maybe not. This is one perfectly good reason why a visible post count should be erradicated. Sarcasm or not...

Yay, I have been the victim of my very own "Matrix" senario, thanks Sceptre. I like widgets in my Guinness, but I don't make them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

How about allowing people to vote if they found a persons post interesting or not, and it would add to their "interesting post count" (or some fancy name) which is displayed instead of/under their post count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

which would lead to people going back on their browser
    and clicking uninteresting repeatively if they did not like the person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

which would lead to people going back on their browser
    and clicking uninteresting repeatively if they did not like the person

You could only vote once. And the amount of voting power would be determined by your own stats.

This is the best solution to the quality control issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

And Victor takes the lead followed closely by wwman.

where did i go right *sniffle*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Oh look, a funny person. HA. eh, maybe not. This is one perfectly good reason why a visible post count should be erradicated. Sarcasm or not...

My point exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm Celt you know you have issues don't you?

Anywho i don't much care for post counts

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We tried a kinda karma system before. It wasnt really very good and people perverted it for sh|ts and giggles (which was actually kinda amusing in itself, plus it seemed to really bug ******* which I approve of).

Anyway, the solution is to go to people you trust who know a good thing when they read it. A new option is being added to the mods arsenal of tools which allows them to recommend the thread as being "worth reading".

I'm trying to finalise the front page as best I can before we move on this.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by azezil
    And Victor takes the lead followed closely by wwman
    Damn. I wa shoping to hold out for my anniversary. Oh well.

Admins, can someone do something silly with my post count now?
    DeVore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Boston
    Hmm Celt you know you have issues don't you?

Anywho i don't much care for post counts
    Issues with what?

I like laughing at you, but I'd hardly call that an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Celt
    Issues with what?

I like laughing at you, but I'd hardly call that an issue.

If you like it so much then you would be encouraging moi to post more and more and more, when will the fun stop.

Advertisement