Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GigSmart Ireland Present : Otranome , The Things, Last Word Spoken, The Bettes Noires

Options
  • 24-10-2003 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

TBMC Thursday 30th October, 7.30pm , 7 euro.

Otranome( Ultraknome. Outernome, Immernome, Otranones..whatever) are back in the Temple Bar Music Center on the 30th of October to play what promises to be an ( insert adjective / cliche of choice) gig. We are headlining this one and our position on the bill somewhat flatters us as we are on stage with some fantastic talent in the form of the much talked about retro noise generators "The Things" amongst others (We're real modest see??) . We played with these guys back in the DA 2 days and where impressed by the sheer energy of the set , tipped to be the next big thing outta Dublin, no pun intended, they are a must see band before some commercial whores come and steal em away from the local circuit and real music lovers of brown paper bag land.
    Also conspiring to the deliver the rock are Last Word Spoken another local band who promise rock , noise , mayhem and a loads of guitar amps...bring it on , the rest of ya bring ear plugs cause it gonna be loud har har , i hate writing these things ! . Opening the night we have visotors from Northern Ireland, The Bettes Noires, melodic and catchy with vocals that contain emotion , wisdom and an air of hope these guys are purveyors of the basic balls to the wall rock solid guitar driven band sound and ya know what..? We feckin love it and are left asking you people what the hell more do you want from a night out on the beer in filth infested city of Dublin?? Nothing ....well maybe naked people(oh Gawwwd) and easy ......money , but hey ya never know your luck !!

So come along and we promise to play and to be drunk and tell you all how great you are for fueling our ever inflating egos.

Sincerely though we're great and you are too.

All the best hope to see you there,

Trev M and The Alternobes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

A great night guaranteed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I'll try my very best to get to this but I'm not promising anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maladroit

Any news on a recordign contract for Otranome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey there,

At the moment there is no "deal" in the workings for us, having said that its not that we have been chasing one to be honest, that sounds so plastic and fake I know " "uhh we're too cool and dont really want a deal like" uhhhuhhh.

Seriusly though we will be recording again soon and releasing independantly again to try and build on the last little bit of success....who knows though? Maybe someting will pop up for us soon, we head north in the new year and across to the UK so maybe our boat will come in and we get the illusive "loan". WE are working on improving live and writing new songs so we feel we're moving forward despite the lack of a big wad of cash to go record with!!

All the best and thanks for the interest.

Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

otranome are on e of the many bands around at the moment who deserve something. This will be a cracker, and the things are just brialliant, cant wait.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maladroit

Trev, thanks and good luck mate.

There is one of your songs, the name just escapes me at the moment, one of the first ones played on phantom ages and ages ago, which really captures the angst of being me.

Bet you wanted to know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

We'll hopefully see you on Thursday night so, and you can angst away to your hearts content!!!

Hey Maladroit,
    Angsty angst is what were about.!! The new tunes are pretty angsty and loud so hope you can make it!! Mail me your addy and I'll send you a copy of our single , has three tracks on it .

All the best
    Trev

Tis tonight ....please come along , goldfish get in free.

Advertisement