Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good Web Counter

Options
  • 24-10-2003 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

any Ideas on a good web counter
    what are you using and how do you find it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Just in case anyone recommends my own service StatCounter.com, we're not taking on new members just at the minute. As the server is at its maximum load. I've been developing this new system for the last 6 months - it will be going live in the next couple of days. It scales across as many dedicated servers will be needed to keep the service running fast now and in the future.

The service will still be completely free for everyone getting under 100,000 hits a month. We'll be able to take you on next week if you will be still interested then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

StatCounter is excellent the Guru, worth waiting for.

While I think of it, thanks for that AWStats recommendation nahdoic, my client is well impressed with it (as am I). I'll be rolling it out across all my servers in the next few weeks. Day day Webalizer.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Yeah AWStats is great, but in fairness Blacknight has been singing its praises long before me. I can't take all the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

the Guru - if you just want a simple counter have a look on http://www.hotscripts.com/

Your webhost provides you with more detailed statistics, usually under /stats or /~stats depending on the server

nahdoic - AWStats is a winner, but a real monster to install

Thanks also to Blacknight in that case. Blacknight, I don't recall having much of a problem installing it, what issues did you have? Just out of curiousity.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Adam

We ran into a few issues installing it, but mainly these were due to the log format. If you can change the log format without it messing up anything else you should be ok.
    Also, if you want to use it on existing logs beware - it is a resource hog when it first parses them

I had it run on a set of incremental logs on that new server with no problem, but that being said there's very little actually running on the machine. That reminds me, must turn logrotate back on... :)

adam

Advertisement