Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 related pic, do not read if you may be offended

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

agreed. see how funny that would be. someone could make a picture from it and say he/she was avoiding a beam from the death star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Oswald Osbourne
    Tarkin : 'You would prefer another target? A military target?'

HAHAHAHAHAH LMAO

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SpankyFart

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    You can do better?........ post it here.

no, but i knowenough to realise that isn't very special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Whoever created that 9/11 abomination. Should be - thrown off -the highest building in the world.

P.
    forget its the twin towers, obviously darth vader hadnt even been born yey, and just imagine a space ship attacking america. Its so ludicrous and surreal its funny.
    Would it be offencive if sombody photoshoped a scene from indopendance day? Should that film be erased from history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

How sad, it is that some people can use the 9/11 tragedy, and a sick creative abomination/depiction of this horrific event, as part of a post on a forum on Boards.ie, and especially as a part of their signature!.

Personally, I believe the families, relatives and friends of all those who died or were injured. Have suffered enough, without this adding to it. Every time it appears, here!.

P.:ninja:

• Advertisement

People died, yes. Did Darth Vader kill them, no. Will the US attack him next, probably. Is this photo an authentic picture or does it shift the blame away from Al-Queidi, nah. Is it as good as the evidence that made the case for war in Iraq? Better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

......While its funny, its not the most amazingly funny picture i've seen (bring bakc the laughing cats!) But the PC here is a tad...Ouch!...if u kno wha i mean. The post said:

9/11 related pic, do not read if you may be offended

-So dont b*tch when u've been warned. We've had tons of offensive material about iraq and afganastan and other less western events through here and other humour boards and no one has gone all noble and PC about it. (lets not forget the load of offensive ww2 material gone through...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Hey Hey
    whats the craic Vader? I like the new sig ,
    if you want me do do some shopping for you before ennis , just give us a PM and I'll sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ive got 20 bottles of shi*e beer, from tesco, for 8 euro,
    More to come soon.

Best thread ever. Best Picture evar.
    Fair play to the person who created that pic.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

wow. thats er, hilarious. really.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Ive got 20 bottles of shi*e beer, from tesco, for 8 euro,
    More to come soon.

Best thread ever. Best Picture evar.
    Fair play to the person who created that pic.
    yea he had ball and a sense oh humour. Im bringing my own refreshments, I want to beter this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

So is this proof that there is weapons of mass destruction???
    Smoking star.....

BlitzKreig,

Quote; " 9/11 related pic, do not read if you may be offended " end quote.

Exactly, the thread title alone, confirms that the poster, is more than likely aware that it is, distasteful, disrespectful, offensive, inhumane and indefensible.

So why post it in the first place ?..

P.:ninja: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by Paddy20
    BlitzKreig,

Quote; " 9/11 related pic, do not read if you may bo offended " end quote.

Exactly, the thread title alone, confirms that the poster, is more than likely aware that it is, distasteful, disrespectful, offensive, inhumane and indefensible.

So why post it in the first place ?..

P.:ninja: :confused:
    Mabye because he's a sick ****er who thinks it's funny to make fun of ppl dying.

Ban him please.

I dont believe either Paddy20 or de5p0i1er are genuinly offended.
    This isnt about ppl dying its about an absurd picture. I think ye know that and are just too nationalistic, not PC or void of humour to see a lighter side.
    Is this pic offencive to you?

Vader,

Quote; " I don't believe either Paddy20 or de5p0i1er are genuinely offended " end quote.

Let me leave you in no doubt about how offended I am. Anyone who can take a world shattering disaster perpetrated without warning upon innocent human beings, killing thousands, and physically and mentally maiming countless other innocents from many nations, and then turn it in to something depicting a comic book piece of Sci-Fi that a poster on this forum, and others, appear to find "Humourous"!, makes me ashamed to be a human being, and I despair for the future of mankind. It really breaks my heart.

I can not, no matter which way I look at it, find any comparison or link, between the new pic that you posted, and the real grief that I feel every time I am reminded of 9/11.

Humour, is something I truly can not find anywhere in that tragic world shattering event.

That is my final comment on this matter.

Paddy20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

VADER FOR MODERATOR!

Theres a big diffrence beween a film and a real event. The film wasn't real and thats why it dosen't offend me but 9/11 and the deaths that day were very real, I just don't think thats something to make fun off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

nobodys making fun of the fact that people died, the joke is basically the complete incongruency of the picture. i think its funny, but if my mother/brother etc. died in 9/11 i would be very offended, (understandably) by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Right, I think enough has been said on this matter now. I have been watching this thread closely, and I feel its getting a little too off topic for my liking.

While I have a lot of sympathy for people affected by the 911 disaster, it must be noted that throughout the ages, people have often used humour as a way of dealing with horrific acts that have no valid explanation.

There is a very fine line between humour and offence, and in my opinion Jaffers pic is JUST on the right side of that line. The reason I believe this is so, is the image of the Deathstar - we all know this doesnt exist, therefore, an element of absurdity is introduced into the picture.

I dont believe this picture trivialises the events of Sept 11th, as I feel we have all moved on and learnt to deal with that horrific day. However, this doesn't take away from the fact that some people may be offended by the image. These people have every right to be offended if they so choose, and we have to acknowledge their right - not flame them back for "being too pc, or void of humour" (take note Vader). If we are posting humorous items here, and somebody takes offence, be grown up about it and acknowledge that you have done so. Its no big deal to apologise to somebody and explain why you thought it was humorous (this can be done in a pm, if you want).

This board seems to have a reputation for being too PC, but let me tell you, it's not. I have to take all of the above into account when I look at all posts. I regularly get reported post notifications, and I do look at all reported posts and take into account the reason the post was reported. Sometimes this reults in a snip and a ban, other times no action is taken, but I will not tolerate anything that is overtly offensive or in breach of the charter. If I feel it has crossed the line, I will delete it and have a chat with the poster about it.

Bio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I agree with biohazard, the Yanks deserved it.

as you can see, bazH has just given us an example of something offensive, and has won himself a one week ban - pld baz

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

People died, yes. Did Darth Vader kill them?

Oh dear god is this rhetorical? *must refrain*

Nicely dealt with biohazrd btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I really cannot understand why people are so offended by this humerus picture. It is simply a joke , yep 3000 people died , so bloody what? on the scale of international disasters its pretty middling.
    Thousands of people die regulary in bangladesh as a result of flooding , and what coverage does that get? , usually a 3 minute snippet at the arse end of the news , or maybe half a column in the international news section.
    But you may argue that that was not terrorism , and rightly so. So then , who in the international community mourned when the Contra rebels , who were trained and equiped by the USA no less killed innocent men women and children in El Salvador?.
    It was also with the help of the USA that Agusto Pinochet came to power in Chile yet I hear nothing of the USA being brought to juistice for colluding with terrorists.
    Over the course of our Troubles over 3000 people have been killed , yet Patrick Keilty appears every week with some new jokes about it.
    People die every day , I for one hope when my time comes that It will be as a result of being hit by a slurry truck while attempting to copulate with a sheep. That will give a lot of people a lot of entertainment .

you just banned that guy cos he said the yanks deserved it. to be honest i dont think that you should ban someone for expressing their opinion. ok, what he said was offensive but there is something behind it. its not a coincidence that america is the most hated country in the world. its also true that the average joe workin in the twin towers did not deserve to die, but the USA has done some pretty horrible things, e.g. hiroshima , vietnam, to name but a few.
    wow i just confused myself. ouch

This is NOT the politics forum, this is the humour forum. What bazH did was blatant trolling.

We are not here to discuss the merits / demerits of any political action, but merely to take a sideways glance at life.

what he posted deserved the ban, simple as that.

Bio

Let's just leave it for a while this is getting boring now trying to explane why this pic is offence to some ppl, if you don't get it now you never will.

like talkin to a brick wall

Yep - I think its time to shut this one down

<locked>

Bio

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement