Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick glqw question

Options
  • 26-08-1999 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

recently installed a v3 2000
    for some reason the only game that doesnt run is qw.

keeps comng up with an error that says it cant run coz i have to be in 65000 colour mode and try running from -window.

any ideas what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

try lower your desktop colour to 16 bit

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yup, could do that.

Otherwise, GLQW is a mighty hack written for specific cards, and the V3 drivers (or the hardware itself) may just not like it.

there are several games that refuse to run on V3's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I doubt it's a question of coulour as V3 only allows 16bit anyway. Try going to www.3dfx.com and d/l'ing the latest drivers.
    There are some new ones out since June/July I think and your card probably didn't come with the originals.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This bugs me. VooDoo 3's can do 32bit colour in 2D mode (thats the windows desktop for the technically challenged ppl) It CANT 3D render in 32bit colour. Do you actually think that a company would release a product that cant diaplay 32bit colour in 2D ? And just to show that I'm not here to lick Chaos' ass 65000 colours is usually refered to as 16bit colour smile.gif

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

you need the opengl32.dll that comes with the qwcl package

normally people have to delete this dll to make normal gfx cards run glquake, but people with voodoo cards need it.

also, i run glquake in 32 bit colour, no problems.. check to see if youre desktop is set to 256 colour mode or something
    glqwcl definitely runs in 16 bit colour and 32 bit colour modes, i havent checked the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, i'll just d/l the qw client again and see if that helps. and yes i know about the 65000 colour question smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

When your installing GlQuake
    make sure you tick the box to install the 3dfx card drivers too. smile.gif

ta

tell me,
    would a q1 player go to all this effort if the roles were reversed... no?
    prolly not
    shame on you.....bold
    smile.gif

oi i installed QUAKE2 (200 megs) one night just cos kegser wanted to kick me around

and?
    did you win?

prolly not. since he can beat you and ive been known to whip yer ass wink.gif

hehehehehe
    gimme a 7 - 3 win on match1 anyday!
    just keep quiet about the 20 - 3 loss on dm7 will ya smile.gif

• Advertisement

where did those hamsters come from?
    what were they thinking, where did they go??
    these and other questions will be answered in tonights episode..

Advertisement