Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting

Options
  • 24-10-2003 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I know it a reeeeally long shot but does anyone know of a program that converts Microsoft Word files to .exe and maybe keeps the hyperlinks and so on?
    If not, does anyone know of anything else that I can use to make my "file" more user-friendly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Save as html ?

What exactly do you want them to be able to do & not do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

What do you mean by user friendly??

If you are talking about porability you should convert itto adobe acrobat format as the reader for this is free and the quality is very good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm scared - you want to go from an iffy file type to one that it totally untrustworthy ? - It'll get blocked by any half decent email program and any well secured site will block users running EXE's not in the profile. Any sites not subject to such controls would be wide open to a virus that infects EXE's and piggy backs in. - also while someone can look at a word doc to see what exactly it does you can verify an EXE is safe.

Use www.openoffice.com 70MB download to save as HTML - don't use the option in microsoft word - it's so broken and microsoft extension specific and so uneditable afterwares, it just isn't funny.

Adobe Acrobat
    I think web links work in PDF docs. - in OpenOffice - File - save as - PDF. For word - go to www.pdf995.com and get an Adware printer driver - you print the file and then you get asked the name of the PDF you want.

To make word docs more user friendly - tools - options - DISABLE fearures not supported by word 97. Also turn on Always create backup copy - this disables fast save and means the document is saved in a contiguous format.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

what is the content of you document?
    you could use chm file. it is MS Hellp file.

it can keep hyper link, some e-book use this format aswell.

Advertisement