Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver Greeen Light No access??

• 24-10-2003 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Got my Clicsilver settings today. Hooked up my router got the green light and showtime message tried to connect got connection error. Took my router to a mates house with bband
    hooked up al all worked fine. took his router to mine an got green light but would not connect.

To me it appears to be a line fault, I have disconnected all additional telephone lines in my house and connected to a single socket connected to the main telecom feed in but it was just the same.
    Has anyoned experienced this before and if so any suggestions would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Are you sure that your account is actually activated yet?

I had the same thing with IOLBB. I got my settings and plugged my modem in, got a link light but couldn't connect. This was on a Saturday. Tried it again on Monday and it was working.

The fact that you're getting a link I would think means that your line is activated ok, but perhaps your UTV account isn't yet turned on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

Are you sure that your account is actually activated yet?

Yes the acccout is activated as i can access it from a friends house. It looks like its a perculiar problem. sods law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

There's a few reasons why this might happen.
    You really should call UTV, could be anything from jumpering not done in the exchange to a dodgy line.

You really should call UTV, could be anything from jumpering not done in the exchange to a dodgy line.

Thanks Frank , I have rang UTV and they have logged a fault with eircom which will be checked out within 5 working days. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. as i said i have
    the green light on my router just cant connect ,I am certain that my settings are right. I hope its jumpering at the exchange my line is about 15 years old and I live less than 1 km from the Swords exchange

Did my routine daily check today to see if i could actually connect and Eureka! It works. Dont know what the fault was but as no one came to the house and eircom told me 2 days ago that the line was fine it must have been a problem in the exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement