Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D drivers

• 24-10-2003 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

It getting pissey at this stage, when i go to display properties/settings/advanced/geforce 4 440mx it crashes and give me a message saying "run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem". I have re-installed the drivers about 5 times and i dont know what to do, i removed all traces of the drivers as far as i know aswell so if u can help, thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Try different drivers.
    This can happen if card manufacturer specific drivers have been installed at some stage. The left over registry files cause a dll error when attempting to access the control panel.
    The workarounds are to either remove the old folder from your registry or to use 3rd party software (e.g rivatuner) to adjust your card settings instead of the nVidia control panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Do a search for 'nvidia detonator destroyer' in google and use them to remove your current detonators. Then reinstall the latest(or your favourite) dets afterwards and all should be well.

Advertisement