Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESR article about quake 'stars'

Options
  • 25-10-2003 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Came across this article on Esreality. Quake makes Superstars .

Enourmously biased article but what suprised me was 2 things. 1. How many people actually bought what he was saying (although the comments become a lot more intelligent after the first page)

2. Why WAS quake3 dropped from wcg this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

in general, ESR articles are dumb and the comments are even worse (Mr.E is the exception since he did some good stuff).

i suppose WCG dropped q3 because theres not enough players, its a pity but there are other big competitions like Quakecon still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

esr is ****, and most of the comments are ****. dont worry, everyone knows who gitzzz is. yeah. and i think there's a few things with q3 not mentioned, it's an old game so hardware companies' new hardware isnt required so they cba sponsoring it. then there's id charging money from the event host. (valve are going the same way tho, gonna charge licence fees to net cafes for using it) then other games are more popular. :>

Advertisement