Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB? Irish stations? Reception from UK?

Options
  • 25-10-2003 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Anybody like to tell me anything about digital radio here?

Are any stations using it or about to start?

Can we pickup UK stations well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    Anybody like to tell me anything about digital radio here?

Are any stations using it or about to start?

Can we pickup UK stations well?

the closest myself and most can get to digital radio in this country is from digital satellite :( there is no terrestrial DAB network set up at all although i do believe RTÉ tested it a few years ago in the Dublin area. some can pick up DAB, most from Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think all local stations should in fairness be available thru DAB. If you are from Kerry living in Donegal - Why should you not be albe to listen to local news on your local station.

RTE need really to get on their bikes regarding digital radio. Handset prices are dropping but our radio station don't seem to be taking an inatative.

Advertisement