Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for books regarding higher level maths

Options
  • 25-10-2003 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

The subject pretty much says it.
    I'm taking higher maths for my leaving, I'm not bad at it or anything, but I'm just having trouble grasping everything and also memorising properly. So I'm wondering, are there any good grind books for the subject? That are maybe like my regular maths book, only less sucky examples and more logical explainations?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I know what you mean, the current maths book drives me crazy. He does all the really easy examples, then when you try any of the questions they are way ****ing harder and completely different from all the ones he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

But they're not different... dont you get it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Looking at the marking schemes for past papers can help... they're available for 2000, 2001, 2002 (education.ie) and 2003 (examinations.ie). At the very least it'll show you how you're expected to approach a question in the exam, which can't hurt, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    I know what you mean, the current maths book drives me crazy. He does all the really easy examples, then when you try any of the questions they are way ****ing harder and completely different from all the ones he did.

Yes, exactly!!!
    The examples explain how to do the first one.
    Then every single one after is just.... gargh, irritating.
    My maths teacher sucks though, if you ask him a question he'll beat you, beat you say!
    Anyway, I went into town and got 2 "Less stress more success" books which were good and another one which sucked.

Advertisement