Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon - What do you think

Options
  • 25-10-2003 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Thinking about changing the car in the new year and would really like a Seat Leon. Probably '00 or '01, going for between €9-11k. Insurance dictates that I can't go any higher than the 1.4 model.
    Can anyone tell me what they are like to own? Is the 1.4 going to be a bit underpowered for the size of car? I'm no boy racer, actually I'm no boy anymore, so I'm not worried about blistering speed, more concerned with fuel economy from the small(ish) engine and largish car. Mind you I don't think it's that different to the Golf which I don't consider underpowered or particularly thirsty.
    Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Hi Milltown,
    I changed a Golf for a 01 Leon last april, a 1.4 also. I had intended buying another golf but 01 Golfs were going for silly money.
    Leon is a better looking car I think anyway, and lots of people think its sporty looking and are surprised when they find out its only a 1.4.

True the 1.4 is no speed machine and its only putting out 75bhp but I find mine economical enough. I moved house since I bought it and i'm now doing about 500 miles a week. I've been keeping a close eye on my fuel usage as I'm actually thinking of changing to a Diesel but at the moment the best I've got from a tank is 470 miles. Thats mostly country driving with a bit of city traffic.

The interior trim is not just as good as VW and rear passanger space is no better than Golf etc. The boot is pretty big, especially with the seats folded flat.

There are two specs, Stella and Signo

Stella has 4 airbags, electric FW, RCL, ABS etc
    Signo adds a trip computer, front fogs and rear electric windows.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thanks for the feedback Caze :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Up until recently I was driving a Seat Leon, 1.9tdi. Excellent cars.
    No idea what the 1.4 drives like, but they look pretty classy anyway.

Advertisement