Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Reid

• 25-10-2003 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

This young lad is having one hell of a season, I hope he gets a shot at the Ireland squad sometime soon. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

What a player, he scored again today and his goal during the
    week was an absolute cracker. I don't like seeing players played out of position but i think we need to stick Duffer up front with Robbie(they were great together in the W.C), and put Andy Reid on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

8 goals already this season for a midfielder is fantastic. Does he actually play on the left wing? I think he plays behind the front two but maybe a Forest fan will know. I think Ireland should really try the 4-5-1 formation out because the only forward that has the ability to play beside Keane is Connolly and he is a scabby b*stard. Although, if I wanted to put my favourite 5 midfielders on the pitch it would be a very inexperienced midfield.

Duff-A.Reid-Mcphail-Miller-S.Reid.
    That is a very young midfield and i doubt if it would work out. Lets hope Forest get promoted!;) Also, Kavanagh has a lot of experience and he would also fit in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

score one and 1 assist also last week or the week before when forest hammerd someone by 6.

cant be ignored, he's like duff in the position he plays, not a left winger, not a left sided striker, somewhere in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

The goal he scored today was 22 yard effort, in injury time, with his right foot !!! :D

He played left wing last season, but has been used behind the two strickers this season as we have McPhail on loan(still has the odd game on the left wing though) He has said he wouldn't mind playing as an emergancy stricker as well, as he apparently use to play in that position in the youth team from time to time.

Forest fans have not been this excited about a midfielder since Jenas, another one of Paul Harts youngsters. The downside is it will be hard for us (Forest) to keep hold of him come Jan :(

plus young Thompson is having a great start to the season as well, lets hope forest can get promoted and we can keep them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's nice to see him fulfilling his potential maybe McPhail might do the same at Forest and maybe our midfield migt stop looking so thin.

Nice to see a manager giving a young talented player a free role behind the strikers too. I hope we can hang onto him until the end of the season at least.

If forest can keep the rest of their good young players promontion will eventually come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Scored a cracker again today.

He is soaring on confidence. Nice to have Thompson back again too.

I was glad they didn't go up last season (though I cheered them on every second of the playoffs and was gutted at how they went out, there should be bloody away goals in the playoffs), I think an extra seasons experience at the top of the 1st div will help all the young players and you can see how some of the have come on already.

I fancy them to be promoted in the next year or the momentum will be lost. I think thye'll hold on to their players too. Its holding on to HArt I'm worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by sykeirl
    I think thye'll hold on to their players too. Its holding on to HArt I'm worried about.
    Yeah with Pardew having made his move Hart's the hottest managerial prospect outside the Premiership. I don't think Tottenham will go for him but a crappy premiership club will snap him up sometime soon.

Good chance he'll be gone before the end of the season. We'll be fucked without him.

a nice link for an interview that appeared in the Evening Herald :D

Link

I particularly like the quote from the UEFA observer, enjoy

;)

There is no doubt that he is a fantastic talent, and as a Forest supporter, a little part of me wishes his reputation wasn't rising so exponentially, mainly because we won't hold onto him if we don't get promoted.

He hasn't just scored goals this season, he has scored some fantastic goals. Considering he isn't a striker by any strech of the imagination, he's stepped up and hit form at exactly the time we needed him (Johnson's injury).

I fully expect him to make the Irish squad in upcoming friendlies and if Ireland adopted a forest style form of play, he would be pushing for a first team place.

I'm looking forward to see how he does againts Portsmouth tonight and I really hope they field a decent side against us.

I still think forest will make the play offs, despite their dodgy form. I also think that if Hart does go, and he really should wait til the end of the season to decide, that they should aim for someone who has experience with youth team development.

I read in today's Evening Herald that Birmingham are going to put a bid of £4mil in for Reid in January. Celtic, Newcastle, Everton and Tottenham are also interested. I don't think Forest can afford to refuse any bid for Reid TBH. I'm sure Skyeirl wants him to stay but I would love to see him in the premiership.

• Advertisement

I'm glad the evening herald is a bastion of reliable reporting :)
    </sarcasm>

He just signed a new deal at the start of the season, I doubt Hart will let him go for 4 million now.

A few international caps before the end of the season would add a good bit to his worth.

Originally posted by sykeirl
    I'm glad the evening herald is a bastion of reliable reporting :)
    </sarcasm>
    I always thought the Evening Herald actually was a reliable newspaper for rumours. It definitely is the most reliable tabloid in Ireland (and probably the UK) anyway. Although I don't like the way they said £4 million, how do they know how much he will go for if he does. They would probably find out if a team is interested in a player but they wouldn't find out the price 2 months before the window opens.

Forest got beaten 4-1 tonight and guess who scored Forests only goal. He really is too good for Division 1.

linkage

hes been called up for the full squad :D

I watched andy v portsmouth and he was the best play on the pitch by a distance, I lost count of the number of times he skinned a portsmouth defender. Shame the rest of the lads where not performing as well that night :(

He also won the Nationwide 1st Division Player of the Month Award.

They cited his performances all season and how exciting he is to watch.

Originally posted by syke
    He also won the Nationwide 1st Division Player of the Month Award.

They cited his performances all season and how exciting he is to watch.
    Thats the second division one player of the month award so far (I think) and thet have both been won by Iridh players, Reid and Kavanagh.:)

Advertisement