Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print screen

Options
  • 25-10-2003 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭

I was just reading a post on what several keys on the keyboard do and one of them was the print screen key.... I know this captures a pic of your desktop, my question is WERE do u get this pic.... the clipboard is not good enough cause mainly I dont know were it is. I've done this before the prob is I forgot:D . Old Age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just paste it into paint or some other image program and save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

another handy one is ALT + print screen will capture the active window

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Thanks Cr3m0 for reminding me of that. I've been cropping the screens for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Instead of using Print Screen you could use HyperSnap-DX5 . It runs in the background and when you see something on screen you want to grab click the capture button and the program takes a snapshot of any Windows program including screens from DirectX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

Another good free screengrabber is printkey
    http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=292

Has a built in feature to email the saved pics which can be handy

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Lawdie
    Thanks Cr3m0 for reminding me of that. I've been cropping the screens for ages.

np man i only found it out about 2 weeks ago myself, it is a bloody lifesaver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

any screen grabbing programs that will include whatever is in a Realplayer display. When I print screen from any of these apps, all I get is a black screen when taking shots of realplayer files

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by ando
    any screen grabbing programs that will include whatever is in a Realplayer display. When I print screen from any of these apps, all I get is a black screen when taking shots of realplayer files

With DVDs you need to turn off hardware acceleration to capture screenshots, maybe the same with Realplayer video?

i noticed if you have the program running the video as not being the active window but you can see it. eg have real player open and then open msn messenger and then take a print screen it should take include the video being played

Advertisement