Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

erm wtf are you guys doing over there?

• 30-10-2000 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

1 US Dollar = 0.9381 Irish Punt
    1 Irish Punt (IEP) = 1.0660 US Dollar (USD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeh, visits to the US are pretty much out of the question then...
    LOL @ $12 for a candy bar smile.gif

Sure buy a couple of thou IR£ while it's going cheap.

boss_peace.gifwazzzaaaap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm due back $900us tax from working there last summer smile.gif

dogbert.gif
    It’s so easy to criticise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

I don't know what the hell they do with money...I only live here...$1 USD=headaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually pepperkin it's more what the hell are the Irish doing? (I'm in the US too).

When I came over it was like 63p to the dollar, now it's almost 1:1. At this rate it's going to be cheaper to buy stuff from Ireland. This must be crippling the imports in Ireland (as typical Irish businesses just replace the $ with a £ to rip off consumers).

Originally posted by MiCr0:
    i'm due back $900us tax from working there last summer smile.gif

yea, sob smile.gif great if your going the other way.

Last year (today) your 900 US Dollar = 668.308 Irish Punt

Now (today) your 900 US Dollar = 844.313 Irish Punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As far as I know its caused by the punt having a fixed value in Euros.
    So, as the Euro is doing so sh1tty, the punt will do ****ty.

That's the extent of my knowledge of economics and I probably got some of it wrong smile.gif

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah the Euro is dropping a lot because its not really being used yet..

redface.gifj:

It's funny you say that. I recall seeing a news report saying the reverse.

A certain car company (don't know who) said they would no longer take quotes that weren't in Euro's as it allows them to see the best price and they aren't killed by currency market changes. A few other companies have started that too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The Euro is expected to go up after you guys over there pick one of those 2 muppets as president.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

yeah i went to the us like only two months ago, and even then it was

£1ir = $1.314us

and now, ohmygod like ??

soon we will take over the us muhhahahahahaha

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 05-11-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

i was over in september and only got $1.13 to the pound.
    The Euro went up the other day because Saddam Hussein decided to pay his ,i think, soldiers in Euros instead of dollars.
    cheers Saddam :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

Yeah Hobbes, I caught on to that (after the fact) that you're in the US too (my condolences.)
    I'm still clueless...but then, numbers aren't my strong suit, I'm a writer not an accountant...Although my opinion of Euros is that they suck...for a pureply pathetic reason. Irish money is soo cool looking, it's pretty and whimsical and doesn't need to be replaced by some sturdy pain in the tail Euro. And thats my overly-pathetic view smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It is in some ways sad to see the Irish money having the fate it has in that it will just be taken completely out of circulation and be but a memory within a few short years.

The Euro has done nothing for us yet, from what I've seen- it's just continued to weaken and weaken - and it can be best seen, naturally enough, against the American dollar.

Seems all that's going to be left that's "Irish" about the Euro coins produced here is the harp on the back... I guess that's what you get when you sign up for a "United States of Europe"... if this is the way "forward" then I can surely understand why so many people would be happier to go "backward"... I'd be inclined to say I'm one of them... I'm just not convinced either way as of yet.

bard2.gif

Bring back the Old Irish money I say, mucho nicer then the current stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

hmm...while we're at it,well what are ye doing over there?

Who are you up for hobbes,mr. no personality al gore,or mr. drug addict/daddys boy dubya? biggrin.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

Advertisement