Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq Presario problems

• 25-10-2003 8:35pm

Does anyone out there have a Compaq Presario laptop? preferably a 700 series one. The hinges on my 713EA seem to have failed so that the screen does not remain upright but instead falls back on itself.

Does this happen with all laptops? It seems a very basic thing but is obviously causing me a hell of a lot of frustration. There doesn't seem to be any visible way of tightening them....any suggestions would be very very welcome.

The combo DVD/CD writer also seems to be acting up. Reading ordinary and Audio CD's seems to be fine. Playing DVD's however has become very unreliable with the drive seeming to need to stop frequently to keep up. Also I can't erase CD-RW's anymore and writing CD's produces coasters constantly.......help! :)

Advertisement