Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Omega V ATI Catalyst 3.8 drivers

Options
  • 25-10-2003 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Ive had awful trouble with the ati catalyst drivers version 3.8 with my radeon 9600 pro, with the monitor flickering etc,games freezing and graphical corruption

but ive since gotten rid of the catalst 3.8 drivers and plonked the omega drivers on and hey presto all the problems are gone

My 2 biggest pains in the arse were

1) flight sim 2004

2) battlefield 1942

Both are running smooth as a babys bottom now and im well impressed with them, ATI should get the omega guy to write there drivers in future and there mightnt be as much fing hassle

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i heard on some site that them set of drivers can **** your monitor up completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    i heard on some site that them set of drivers can **** your monitor up completely

WHICH DRIVERS?!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Check the following link:

ATI's Response

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah the omega's are pretty good.
    If ya read about it yer man he found out that half the features on his radeon 8500 werent up and running so he started redoing them and then decided to release them
    nVidia are giving him backing atm for they're drivers
    ATi may in the future.
    The performance increase is quiet substantial aswell. Especially with the 9500 => 9700 and 9700 => 9800 hacks that are built into the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Well all i can say is that the catalyst drivers were ****ing up my monitor big time, games like flight sim would run, but it would flicker like mad until it got ingame and then it would settle down, if you exited out the monitor flickering would start all over again.

I only tried these omega drivers as a last ditch effort, because the latest drivers from the omega people were based on catalyst 3.8 architecture i never really thought it would work, I was actually going out to buy a new monitor as i thought that the monitor i have was kaput.

yet here i am with the omega drivers installed, all the flickerings stopped, games no longer freeze, i have a big performance boost.

I dont need anymore convincing then that to tell me theres something seriously ****ed up with ATI,s 3.8 drivers

Shin

• Advertisement

i have a 9800pro and have noticed a little filtering now and then but not really that often but where can i get these omega drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

yar got them no real difference tbh but then again im n00b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

you're probably using windows 2000 or xp, which set refresh rates to 60hz in games. (98 and ME don't have this problem as much as i'm aware)

this happens with all graphics card manufacturers and it's a right pain to fix. ati has fortunatelly built in the option to lock the refresh rate to what you want it to be, and new games coming out have the refresh rate settings so you can change them in the game.

just open up your display settings (control panel or right click the desktop) and lock the refresh rate in games to something like 85hz or 100hz (whichever your monitor supports) and the flickering will be gone.

Advertisement