Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic of Quake

Options
  • 27-08-1999 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

CA Players... listen...
    Is there not a certain magic attached to being a player by yourself in CA...? If you fight alone, you get more frags - why? List as many reasons as you can...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Why do i suddenly foresee a HUGE argument on the build... smile.gif

luv..

|Chief|'y

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

1. Because when you spam the likelyhood of there being an enemy near or behind that corner is much higher.

2. If and when they do attack in numbers the likelyhood of missing all of them is much lower.

3. Most of the enemy team has to spend time wandering around looking for you while you do the above.

4. Its best done by camping. If you do wander around the third advantage is lessened.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err it depends Regi. If the team ure against are not organised you should be able to pick them off one at a time. I don't agree with ol camping is not the key, if you camp you can normally be pegged into an area and picked off. As for attacking in numbers, if they are any good they will attack from different areas, attacking all together nicely bunched up is asking for trouble. You only fire at a corner or doorway if you know theres someone there or near there, as a single player your going to run outta roxs alot faster fighting 2,3 or 4 enemies (if your team is crap) if you spam and if your lg aim is like mine your fuked when you run outta rox. The main thing is keep moving and trying to attack your opponents from behind, the more shots you get in unopposed the better chance you have of winning. tongue.gif

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 28-08-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

youve made youre fatal mistake right there: "if you camp you can normally be pegged into an area and picked off".

you havent seen the likes of overlord camp yet, I can camp when i want to but dave does it as second nature, very efficient and all...

THE MAN WILL NOT MOVE!!
    WHAT DO YOU DO??

notes: GO TO BED AND CRY. works if you are playing youre mother

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 28-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw Koopa your wrong. Camping will work playing with a team of individuals. Get a crew that are used to playing with each other and co-ordinate an attack thru different entrances into the area being camped and the camper is toast. smile.gif

Have a nice day,

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Most Times when there are just new fellas on the server ya have to play on your own cause the others are fook all good to ya and thats more often the case then not, so it just takes some adjusting to work as a team when u got players on ur team for a change

sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Okay... could anyone provide mathematical reasons why? We need a formula... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

L33t - Muppet x3 = L33t Highscore or Y

Decifer Y in The Equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

lpb *******.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dan is completely misrepresenting an argument we had in nethouse.

Koopa, the UK camped OUTRAGEOUSLY in both the series and lorcan tomb quozl and I ripped them apart every time they did. They just didnt know what to do against an organised attack and they doing their level best to camp like knackers on a development site.

Check the demo (on demos.ign.ie called uk and uk2) and see how they tried camping everywher (even outside) and got raped again and again.

Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Actually, Tom, I'm asking a totally unrelated question to the one dave and I were putting forward the other night. Any coincidence is entirely coincidental...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

more targets. no teammates stealing
    kills(or in this case damage). everyone
    you see you fire at. all you need is aim
    and the ability to fire grenades into
    doorways and around corners and the money
    starts to roll in.

Advertisement