Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny caption thread

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

That would constitute discrimination!

P.:ninja:

bus77,

As you are new. I will refrain from jumping down your throat. THIS TIME!. I am sorely tempted to suggest where you can stick your opinion, but you have to earn a little respect from me, before I could even be bothered doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I must? - agree, with Paddy! on this. One... ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by Paddy20
    bus77,

As you are new. I will refrain from jumping down your throat. THIS TIME!. I am sorely tempted to suggest where you can stick your opinion, but you have to earn a little respect from me, before I could even be bothered doing that.

What are ya talkin about? I didnt say nutin?:confused:

tba,

This is an open forum on Boards.ie Limited. There are rules which you have obviously not read. May I suggest you start NOW!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I respectfully retract my statement(s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

i must refer to the first post which said that there is 48 hours to post captions, then the poster of the pic names a winner.

And in response to Paddy20, if the winner can't post a pic then they could nominate someone else to do so for them

Jaffer,

While this thread is good fun. I do not think it is up to you or any other poster to make up rules as we go along.

This forum has moderators, and if a thread is to have rules, as such!. Then obviously they would need to be involved from the start of the rule making. Otherwise we could end up with a fiasco, instead of an entertaining thread.

Which was started by your goodself ?..

Eh, paddy20, i didnt make them up as i went along, i put the 48 hour thing in the 1st post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Indeed I agree with jaffer, The winner of the previous game posts the new pic and then selects the winner. The winner then has a reasonable amount of time to post or select soemone else to post a new pic. at which time the poster of the new pic picks the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Sorry I had meant no offence, posted because I forgot the rules.

We can start again or do you all want to keep going on the naked women picture for another 24 hours?

PS: I think it should only be 24 hours before photochange, a new pic every morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I reckon people have started with the naked pic, so we should run that one and go from there

Jaffer,

OK, Sorry. In your particular case I stand corrected. However, while I do not wish to be a spoil sport. It has become clear that people other than 'picture posters' have taken it upon themselves to choose the winner of another posters picture, which makes the whole exercise a bit of a farce!.

Sangre, had to point out this to Havelock, and as far as I can remember it has happened more than once.

If there are to be rules, maybe the "Funny caption thread" should be changed to the " Funny Caption Forum " with its own moderators ?..

Anyway, you can ignore me. As I will not be posting any captions !, in case I should be chosen as a winner, who then is supposed to post a new picture or select or nominate someone else to post a pic. Thats a load of stupid totally un-necessary rubbish which overcomplicates what was a straighforward enjoyable thread.

"Where anyone could post the next picture and would also choose whose caption was the winner!", why change something that already works?..

P.:ninja: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

in my opinion (tell me to **** off if you wish) i think this thread should be binned and started afresh with clear rules, ie 48hrs for captions winner posts pic, and a modeator should keep an eye on it to see everyone obeying these rules, btw i won the second one and never got to post a pic *shrugs*:( god all this debate about the rules kinda takes the fun out of the thread eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

sure does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Yeah, to be honest I thought I was offering a simple solution to diffuse a disagreement between the pic posted and the person who delcared someone a winner. Seemed like a reasonable suggestion. I really don't know where Paddy20's difficulty lies, but suyre ah well, to each there own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Get a mod to erase all the pointless posts in this thread, set some guidelines and we do seem to have gone through about 4 pictures in 3 days.... i believe we should set a week for the judging period making it that bit more special to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

jesus christ people, get a life, i mean whats with all the bitchin? Who gives a **** if someone posts an irrelevant post, the irrelevant posts are sometimes the most funny. Although it is always great to win a picture competition, id love to win one so i could go home to my mothers and tell her :rolleyes:

Im just saying that the post is losing all coherance and its just stupid to play a game with no rules where some random ****e comes on and declares the winner within 3 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Kold, i have to admit that i didnt read the entire thread as i have to some work to cover my postings ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Visual reply see image attached.

Racism! lol sorry i dont actually think so but... bleh ill be quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by Dotsie~tmp
    Visual reply see image attached.

I wont complain about that but I think you should remove it before a mod sees it or you might get banned. The charter is quit clear about these things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Complain about what? The use of the word 'prick'? And what the hell is he talking about with racism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

not sure I see whats wrong with that..

its just funny IMHO

Seeing as this thread has been replaced, shouldnt this be locked or at least ignored. (I'm talking to you Bio)

He's only one man, just stop posting!

Advertisement