Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Air Rifle Open

Options
  • 26-10-2003 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

This year's UCD open took place this weekend (sorry about not posting a note beforehand, but a lightning strike blew up my modem :( ). Attendance was rather low, with only 33 entrants, but the standard was quite reasonable, with Liam Spillane of Wilkinstown taking first place with 576. I managed my goal of 555 on the nose, so I was happy enough, and thanks to a statistics hiccup, I won second place in Class B. Nicola Murphy (also of WTSC) and Declan Kelly (Dublin Rifle Club) took third and second place respectively. Declan's off to Sweden in a fortnight representing Ireland in the European Airgun Championships.

Scores are here and I'll post the pictures in this thread once they're developed and scanned in. And I'll update my training blog with the UCD entry here once I get net access from home again.

The next Irish match is in two weeks, the Fassaroe Air Rifle Open (again, being held in Belfield and interested spectators are welcome - I recommend the sunday as that's when the ten-shot final is held, which is perhaps the most interesting segment of the match for spectators). However, the Irish team will be heading to Sweden shortly for the European airgun championships, so I'll post something on that when I get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Guns in schools, what do people be thinking at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Finally got these photos developed.

01.jpeg

The UCD range's firing line, with Mark's firing point set up before the shoot begins.

02.jpeg

Crowded firing line, isn't it?

03.jpeg

The rest of the UCD range, with it's lounge area and statistics office/committee office.

Advertisement