Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP Problem

Options
  • 26-10-2003 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Hey. I keep gettin an error in windows xp when I open the display properties/desktop saying

"Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Can someone help me plz?
    Tried downloading windows update but 40mb on a 56k modem = not good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Did a quick search on that error. It seems someone fixed it by closing all the applications using USB/serial/parallel ports.

Try Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Task Manager then close applications or processes and try the Display properties again. Process of elimination.

Try post here if no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Or, if you have a laptop with IR that you don't use, disable that.

One guy had a possible explanation:

http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topic/1397.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

By any chance have you changed your video driver of late? Try uninstalling or rolling it back to see if that helps, if you have changed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

set ur laptop or pc up in a net cafe and dl all the update sp1 and all that rubish it should short out all problems tbh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

set ur laptop or pc up in a net cafe and dl all the update sp1 and all that rubish it should short out all problems tbh

just bring in your PC and sit it down? are you sure?

maybe grab a flat screen on your way out?

"what?"....."oh, no that's mine, i brought it in with me" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

get some one to d/l and burn the updates to cd for you.

Advertisement