Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit smoothie recipes

Options
  • 26-10-2003 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any *practical* recipes for making smoothies with fruit in a blender?

By practical, I mean using commonly found, cheap ingredients. Strawberries and so on are just too expensive at this time of year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

pine apple and bannana and some ice cubes is always great.

ive tried some variations, such as including tinned peaches, apples, apple juice and also chocolate ice-cream from lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

best one I've managed (did you get a smoothie maker too then :D) is (assuming you have the kenwood smoothie maker which makes about 2 litres):

2x bananas
    1x tin pineapple chunks
    1x small tin coconut cream (amoy or similar, with the chinese stuff in the supermarket)
    vanilla ice cream
    milk
    ice cubes (again assuming you have the smoothie maker, some blenders don't like ice).

throw it all in and blend until smooth.

Ideally if you have friends round, you should add some bacardi and or malibu to the mix (not too much or it will ruin it).

I've also made good smoothies with any (and or all) of the following.

melon - honeydew or galia.
    kiwi - skinned
    orange - peeled
    peach/nectarines - skin on or off (assuming smoothie maker is up to the job)
    strawbs
    rasberries
    grapes
    apples
    mango
    anything else i can get my hands on.

just lob it into the blender and throw in some milk and ice and you're done.

most stuff will keep for a day or two (and some is better on the second day anyway) so I keep a handy sport pack ballygowan bottle (the one jonah lomu advertises) ad use the handy spout on the smoothie maker to fill the bottle and leave it in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Well i guess my fav is just the strawberry smoothie. expensive to get the strawberries buts its well nice. I also just do what Vibe666 does, just lob everything in there and see how it goes!! Once place that make really good smoothies is Jamba Juice. They're just in america but they r sooo good. U can get the big 32oz cup of it for like $4. they were just the best ever and were what got me into smoothies!! I sooo wish they were over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 njg2011

Hey guys, just wondering has anyone managed to come up with a recipe that tastes the same or similar to the Strawberry Sunrise Smoothy sold by popular juice bars? Any suggestions are appreciated :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

njg2011 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering has anyone managed to come up with a recipe that tastes the same or similar to the Strawberry Sunrise Smoothy sold by popular juice bars? Any suggestions are appreciated :D

One thread is enough on this, and it is frowned upon to bump threads that are more than 6-12 months old generally.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement