Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHat book gives me "Book Price"?

Options
  • 27-10-2003 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I used to know the answer to this, and I'm hoping some/one of you will not have forgotten.

What is the Irish equivalent to the "Parkers Used Car Price Guide" in Ireland. What book, for example, will my dealer be furtively checking when I next trade in my car?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There has been a thread like this before (do a search of this forum - bottom right). But check out (a) revenue commissioners VRT section (b) things like Buy and Sell for ballpark prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dgently

Thanks for the response, I searched and found the answer posted by "Sharkman" back a bit. "The Used Car Sales Guide" is a trade-only publication.

I'll have to sniff about and see if I can get a hold of one.

THanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

You will have a tough time getting your hands on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Hi dgently,
    I gave cubix details about "The Car Sales Guide" in his thread (dated 11-10-03), including their website address.
    However (as Dancing_Priest alluded to) the guide is only available to 'bonafide' motor traders.

Auto Express produced an Irish used car guide for a few months back in 2000 (I have three) which was useful.
    I emailed them recently to ask would they produce an Irish pocket used price guide (they did a UK version a few months back).
    However, they said they won't be producing an Irish guide.

Perhaps if more people here emailed them, they would see that the interest is there and produce a guide !
    After all, such a guide is usually sponsored by a big motoring-related company and so cost's them little to produce!

Drop their editor Tom Barnard a line at editorial@autoexpress.co.uk

The more people that email him, the better chance we have of getting a result :)

We would all find such a guide useful.

Advertisement