Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pages re-load when browser is maximised

Options
  • 27-10-2003 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if this is an Opera only issue but if I minimise
    the browser then maximise, after finding something on the destop for example, all the windows which contain boards.ie pages re-load which if you've got 10 open is a real pain! No other site I visit does this...anyone else suffer this idiosyncrasy?

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mike65
    anyone else suffer this idiosyncrasy?
    Yup. Only on Opera though (not with IE).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

same thing happens to me. it would be really annoying if i was on a narrowband connection.

Doesn't happen with mozilla 1.5

I loves my mozilla :)

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting...can regi add anything to this I wonder...?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

i had the same problem with opera...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I know I *used* to have this problem with Opera...and it was *really* annoying, because it kept reloading when I was halfway through writing a reply.....

However, I'm now using Opera 7.20 / 7.21 on XP, and it doesn't happen - whether I'm identifying as IE or as Opera.

I have a feeling that it may be related to the "check for changes" settings in Opera, but I'm not sure.

jc

I have the re-load feature switched off - bloody stupid idea in the first place if you ask me!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by bonkey
    However, I'm now using Opera 7.20 / 7.21 on XP, and it doesn't happen - whether I'm identifying as IE or as Opera.
    Thanks bonkey. Grabbed it, updated (was using 7.11), seems to have sorted the problem again for me.

Upgraded to 7.21 and sure enough no re-loading, also the pages themselves load much quicker. I like.

Pity I ended up re-transfereing every e-mail I ever got to my utv account - 2500! Of which I deleted all but 140!

Mike.

Advertisement