Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GBA SP More Expensive Than GC?

• 27-10-2003 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

it's a €139 in smyths for the GBA SP and €119 for the game cube.

what's up??

i want a GBA SP but not if they cost more than the console which i paid 250 euros for with 5 games back in april.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well the GC dropped in price due to competition and poor sales, while the GBA has virtuality no competition except the N-Gage.

Since the N-gage is a few hundred more and GBA sells really strong, there is no need for Nintendo to drop the price of GBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Bah.. I wanted to pick up a Gamecube today but Gamesworld are still charging €200 for the things. They won't acknowlege there were any pricecuts.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Apparently, it is the best selling console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gamesrworld must be slow on the uptake. They don't have a price gurantee policy (correct me if i am wrong) like GAME.

Just buy from GAME or smyths if ya can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Pretty soon it'll be cheaper to buy a GameCube with a Game Boy Player then it is to buy a GBA. So you get a Cube and a GBA (sorta), for less than getting a GBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    it's a €139 in smyths for the GBA SP and €119 for the game cube.

what's up??

i want a GBA SP but not if they cost more than the console which i paid 250 euros for with 5 games back in april.

and Laptops cost more than Desktops, cordless phones more than corded, etc. What you paid for the GC back in April was simply too much relative to how much they could sell them at... Small\Mobile devices inherently cost more than stationary ones.

Matt

Advertisement