Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA's

• 27-10-2003 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Im about to buy a PDA and have been looking through a few. If its a little bigger than the normal PDA's thats fine.

I was thinkin about the Dell axim5 , i am going to be using it hopefully for playing movies and mp3's.

I was wondering if there is a rival PDA to the axim , if theres something to look out for..............etc.

Any advise would be much apreciated.

Ps i have around €250 to spend !

Cheers, Loki

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

dell also have an X3, which should be out soon. its smaller and has either built in bluetooth or 802.11b. its out in the US. looks pretty cool. i was going to get a PDA but decided that a sony ericsson P900 or P800 would be a lot nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea i see the Axim X3 is on the dell website for sale at the min.

Its the same price as the X5 , only it doesent have a CF slot (only SD). And the X5 comes with a better battery.......

Im totally in two minds :confused: , i can prob stretch the budget a little more..... just wondering if dell are the way to go ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

depends on a few things. like im getting a P800 or P900 so i have internet access without having my phone to talk to something. if i got a p8/900, i could reduice the amount of things i have to cary around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I went for the HP 1940 with built in bluetooth & a 256mb SD card. Only had about an hour to play with it so far but im really like'n it.

Cheers for the advise ;)

Loki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The 1940 is a nicer size than the Dell units I reckon. The P8/900 unit are compromised PDA's, so you have to be sure their functionality meets your requirements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement