Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you guys still play NWN online?

Options
  • 27-10-2003 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

i'll hopefully be getting my computer next week and would like to join in. Broadband should arrive about the same time so i should be all set.

It seems to have quietened down a bit and there isn't as many posts for the games on Mondays (and wednesdays?).

Give us a shout if anyone is up for a game or can point me to a good server of other irish players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey Quarryman
    I've seen the guys (and gals) talking about NWN games online every week or so, its best to keep your eyes peeled to this form as i know Rev and Marvel Try to organize / play games of NWN's online allot.

Im not sure what the story is nowadays as soon as i get a job back in dublin i'll be moving to a house of my own with broadband i'l try to organize a boards.ie gaming group (if there isnt one already) of NWN's for players on boards that want to play online

there are only in the "cunning plan" stages yet but as i said keep your eyes peeled come back and check here every day or two as there are games that are setup regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just got my nwn back out of the cubbard . never reely played it but im intrested to give it a go if anyone knows a good server ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The last game kind of died from lack of numbers, but if you want a server run on a weekly basis, just give me the nod and I'll get it up and running.

Just name the module and the day and times you want it run and I'll do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved house and no internet connection for a while. Only from work but I dont think they'd appreciate me gaming during the day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Typically blinkered Irish business practises :-)

anyone got a list of multiplayer modules and we could set up a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

excuse my ignorience but what are the modules ? and what do i need to dl ? got the latest updates last night what else would i require ?

Modules are the files used to play a given game. typically you dont have to download anything since its all run on the server.

take a look at the following links:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/modulesTop2.shtml

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/modulesTopSoU.shtml

http://nwn.stratics.com/content/databases/nwncontent/browse/browse_content.php?listSpecificContentType=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cool. sounds good. broadband arrived today. Eircom gives a 4GB cap on downloads. Will this affect regular play on NWN? 4GB doesn't sound much over the sapce of a month. I'll try download the mods in col and bring em home.

The new computer should arrive (hopefully next week, depending on overclockers.co.uk) so i should be set then.

we should drum up some interest and get weekly polls on mods etc.

looking forward to it.

q

Typically you dont need to download anything (other than patches) you may from time to time need to get Hak packs which are custom content.

If a module needs additional files, I'll extract them and mirror them for u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

hi, long time no see.

I'd be interested in a good game of NWN again. My free time is very limited right now, but I really miss the NWN-session.

I bought shadows of undrentide and am ready for action :) (thou I might be a bit rusty...)

anyways, count me in!

cya
    - Flash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lightoor

Ahh yes, the Rogue :D

Well, i lost my copy of NWN somewhere, and i do ever so miss the different bows i had =)

IT was good fun, having it goin on weekly.

But im not gonna play it again, i'd rather richer graphics, possibly 3rd person in the lines of DAOC, except without the monthly pay crap :/

That was the best thing about NWN, they didnt keep the servers up, Mr. Rev . hellfire did :D

it was good and worked !

What happened to batteling cheese and all the others ?

did they scatter after the peak of its playing online ?

- Light

Advertisement