Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic SCHT500

Options
  • 27-10-2003 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I know you lot love seperaye systems but I dont have the cash for that.

I can get one of these things from €400 and its legit. Its a medium sized room and will be paired with a Panasoninc 28 inch widescreen. What I have heard from it so far is very impressive, the bass really fills the room and is considerably better any any comparably priced Sony systems.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

you are asking or saying ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think he's asking if he should go ahead and get this... not sure though.

With a budget of €400 there are many options.
    This for example with these speakers would pack a better puch.
    You won't go far wrong with either Denon or yamaha, i've had both in the past and it leaves you room to upgrade your speakers later if you want :)

Thats in or around your budget if you can source them locally, but the charge for delivery to Ireland from that site is stg£ 35 if you go with them.
    spending a little bit more than your budget is always worth it, but at least if you go for separates you can upgrade later, when you have the cash.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

I was tempted to get one of them last year. Meant to have superb sound, and it's awfully cool looking!

You need to chip it to make it region free though, so that put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

I suggest to wait for the Hi-Fi show for better prices.

• Advertisement

Mind you if you want to go really cheap but not so cheerfull , but a start if the budget is really tight you could try this
    wouldn't be packing a whole lot of punch though...

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was asking basically. Have you heard one of these in action and what do you think. Its a complete home cinema package - DVD, 5.1 decoder, 5 speakers and a powered sub-woofer all for €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Like Martin said, wait until the weekend and go to the Cloney Audio show. You may get discounts but will definately get good advice and probably get to hear them.

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I was asking basically. Have you heard one of these in action and what do you think. Its a complete home cinema package - DVD, 5.1 decoder, 5 speakers and a powered sub-woofer all for €400.

Actually a friend of mine had the older version.
    I remember him telling me that the newer version which is what you are asking about has a multi region DVD player.

The sound is good but nothing in comparison to basic separates from a good brand.
    At least you could upgrade bit by bit with seperates.
    But it's what ever you want really.

What I can guarantee is , that if you get the system you are talking about, you will think it's great untill you hear a decent set of seperates.
    but I suppose you could always sell the panny system later if you want to buy something better.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Man
    I remember him telling me that the newer version which is what you are asking about has a multi region DVD player.

Any idea how to enable the multi region DVD.. Is it software or would you require a hardware mod.

• Advertisement
Advertisement