Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pics of Chad German Shepherd

• 27-10-2003 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Some new pics of Chad on the bull wall, pictures were taken over a sunny October bank holiday weekend
    Bull Wall Barkers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I prefer my one!
    Do you own chad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Hi Gilly,
    My daughther owns Chad. Our first shepherd "ACE" died in March last year and we were devastated We got Chad in January this year he is nearly 11 months old and we love him to bits!
    Brian

Do you get a lot of hassle from people when your/she's out walking him? I'm sick and tired of people passing comments!
    Keiser is such a lovable dog as i'm sure chad is! He's never given any trouble!

It's hard to believe he looked like this once:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Wow, 10 months... they grow up so fast :)
    Is that his full size now? or does he get bigger?
    Do you get a lot of hassle from people when your/she's out walking him? I'm sick and tired of people passing comments!
    Just out of curiousity, what kind of comments do you get?
    I remember alsations having a bad reputation years ago, are people generally scared of your dog?

I assume you were refering to the first picture!
    GSD's were always used as Gaurd Dogs and were often mistreated to bring out the mean nature! One method of training apparently was to throw a sack over the dogs head, have 5 or 6 people beat the dog with sticks and then the owner would remove the sack! The dog would then remain loyal to the person who came and took the sack away but would be mean to everyone else. I just hope to God that this kind of crap doesn't happen anymore. I think the owners should have the bad name and not the dog. :mad:

Anyway people annoy me all the time. "Is that dog safe etc."
    Bottom line: If the dog is on a lead and in my control then we have nothing to discuss.

That being said I have met some GSD lovers who adored Kieser.
    I would expect him to grow another bit yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I used to have a soild white German Shepard named Nanook. He was the best natured 110 lb dog ever. He was a fatty and he was terribly loyal to me and I'll never forget him. Chad and Keiser are really cute...Thanks for posting the pics.

~DR~

Thanks for the compliment bout Keiser.
    Do you have another dog now! (You said was in your last post so i assume Nanook has past?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Nice pics, Chad is a beautiful dog!

I have a Norwegian Elkhound female, people are always asking if she is safe or will she bite. She's the quietest most friendly dog you could meet but cos she looks like a miniature wolf people are afraid of her! Figures.

The pic of Keiser in the bath is gorgeous, what a sweetie! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

I have put up some more pictures of Chad taken in St. Annes Park, Clontarf, Dublin last weekend. The park has a real autumm look the colours are amazing! so I put Chad in among the fallen leaves, you can look at the pictures here:Asonhaus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Both the dogs are lovely Sid71 and Gilly2003....

I used to work at stables and my (ex) boss got a lovely alsation pup that they called Ben, he was nine months old when he got him (they also took Ben's sister and it was consequently given to my boss's sister) He was the most loveable dog you would ever be likely to meet. The thing is, Ben didn't really looked very healthy when they first got him and he soon stopped eating, they brought him to the vet who diagnosed poor Ben with Parvo disease, he was taken away for treatment and was away for weeks and weeks, luckily he survived and was soon feeling much better (well after AGES of being on a diet of some special food that they gave him to get him back to full health)

He would follow me around as I went about cleaning out stables every morning with his head practially glued to my side, looking up at me with his big doleful eyes..

We moved to different stables where there was a lot more space for all the dogs that we had, plus any dogs that were already living there, only thing is he started barking at the neighbours' herd of sheep sheep and was rehomed with my boss's friend's family, he grew into a lovely big dog who was EXTREMELY affectionate....

Unfortunately, I have lost contact with the people who rehomed Ben and so have not been able to see him for years now, it's a pity cos he really was a lovely dog!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement