Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left luggage office at Galway bus/rail station

Options
  • 27-10-2003 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I tend to avail of this every few months when I need to drag my 15 library books to and from Mayo and the college library.

In the evenings it used to be possible to bypass the queue for the train, walk outside the railings and collect your bags before queuing for the bus. Last time I used it in July the outer part of the platform was blocked off and you had to join the train queue to retrieve your luggage. I got to the top of the queue but couldn't get through. I went back down the queue was told by station staff to walk outside the station all the way round to end of the platform and back again to get my bags. I did this and was subsequently snarled at by other station staff who wanted to know exactly what I was doing there before they reluctantly let me down to the office.

Last Friday I took a quick glance in around 3pm and noticed that the situation seemed the same. I couldn't even get into the office to deposit my bags without joining the train queue, so I bought a trolley case out of desperation and hauled it around for the rest of the day.

Anyone know if this has become a permanent feature of the Galway bus station or if I was just unlucky on those two days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm, they are also putting the bike racks on the platform. Can I suggest you talk to the station master about the arrangment.

Advertisement