Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending tv signal wirelessly

Options
  • 27-10-2003 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Basically i'm looking for a device to let me send tv signal directly from the coax from the box on the wall to some coax direct into my tv/pc so i can use the tuner on it.
    Alternatly i was looking at a tv tuner box and just output to a video sender and do it that way.
    Its a little expensive that way tho :/
    Any suggestions?
    Its too far/messy to run a cable along so wireless is the only option unless it can be done via the power system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

I never came across a system that is able to transfer RF to wireless but composite video/audio - plenty.

You could use a cheap/old VCR as a tuner then get the Video/Audio out from it to the wireless transmitter and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Of course you'd only be sending the single channel selected on the video recorder, not the RF signal...

I think most of the video senders also transmit remote control sequences in the other direction anyway (receiver back to sender, to device) so you could change channels on the video from the receiver's location...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Krusty, that's a nice feature (sending the remote back), can you give a link to such a product ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah most video senders i've seen do that.
    I remember a few years ago eircom were doing phones via the power points in yer house with a little convertor and marxcomputers have ethernet - power - ethernet convertors, thought there might be an rf - power - rf convertor somewhere.
    Would be dead handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

These things are great. as long as you don't have a wireless network or turn on your microwave (or the neighbours do either) you will get a crystal clear signal.
    You definitely can't use your wireless network with one of these in the house. You're tv will show the pictue but there will be interference from the network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lowlands

I use a videosender as well to transfer signals around the house, and also have serious problems with both my own and the neighbours microwave.

The digisender manufacturer however claims that only old leaking microwaves can interfere. Is that true?

I can buy a new microwave myself, but how do I get my neighbour to do the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

All microwaves leak a bit. The test is to put your mobile phone inside one (since they use microwaves). And call it. If it rings then your microwave is allowing radiation in and out of itself.

Advertisement