Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humus

• 28-10-2003 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Does any one have any recipes for humus (spelling:confused: ) I coould try experimenting , but I`m a bit too lazy:p .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`m a crazy poster now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Do you mean making humus or recipies for using humus?

I make it as

1 can chick peas
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 small onion
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tbsp. sesame oil
    1 tbsp. parsley, chopped

Blend garlic, onion and parsley in a processor. Add olive and sesame oils. Continue blending until mixed. Add Chick Peas (drained) and lemon juice and blend. For a bit of bite add a pinhc of cayenne.

As an alternative, roast a red pepper until the outside blackens and put it in a plastic food bag (ziplocs are best) to cool. The skin should come right off when it cools. Skin it and deseed, but try save as much juice as possible.

Add the roasted red pepper and juices to the processor at the same time as the chick peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Sounds nice (me salvates) could the parsley and onion be left out ?. What recipes could humus be used in ?. Thank you for your reply:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

if you leave out the onion, I'd add more garlic (another clove) parsely is optional.

Its really so nice, would you want it in anything else?
    nice served with raw veg (carrots, celery, peppers), or on brown bread or pittas, especially accompanied with black olives!

I sometimes like it with kebabs and salad in a pitta bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mmmmm, think i'll try making some of that tomorrow, haven't had humus in yonks

• Advertisement
Advertisement