Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen NX Questions

• 28-10-2003 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

I just got a Zen NX, and I have a few questions to ask existing users....

1. I have firmware 1.00.05 preinstalled. Is there a newer version? I can't find one on nomadworld, but I just want to be sure.

2. Has anyone bought Notmad (as a replacement for Creative MediaSource/File Manager)? Is it worth the money?

3. I have 4 USB 2 ports installed on my PC (Win XP). However, it looks like my PC is picking them up as USB 1. How do I update them to be USB 2?

4. I want to use my Zen NX in the gym, and it should be OK for everything except jogging. I'm looking for a creative way (sorry!) to attach it to the treadmill without damaging the harddrive. I'm thinking maybe some elastic fabric or velcro. Anyone got any suggestions? :p

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by TmB
    Howdy folks,

3. I have 4 USB 2 ports installed on my PC (Win XP). However, it looks like my PC is picking them up as USB 1. How do I update them to be USB 2?

to get USB 2 to work your motherboard must have a USB2 port and Win xp SP1 has to be installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    ...Win XP SP1 has to be installed....
    That sounds like the problem. I'll download it today... Thanks.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

does SP1 have to be installed - can you not just install USB2.0 drivers?

either way its a good idea to get sp1 and the various critical updates.

Advertisement