Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone wanna go to ECTS?

Options
  • 01-09-1999 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

For financial reasons, one of the lads who was going over to ECTS this weekend can't travel. Therefore, I have a plane ticket to London and a developer pass to ECTS (the European Computer Trade Show, and one of the "Big 3" games fairs, along with E3 and the Tokyo Games Show) spare.

The plane ticket is for flying out Friday afternoon and returning next Tuesday evening. The entertainment in the intervening days includes -

Friday night, a LAN party of Kingpin, Tribes, Tiberian Sun and (probably) Unreal Tournament in The Playing Fields.

Saturday, a Dodgy Computer Fair (TM) in the Tottenham Court Road. If it fell off the back of a lorry anywhere in Europe in the last month, it'll be on a stand there somewhere.

Saturday Night, the Logitech ECTS party in The Playing Fields. Loads of Logitech peripherals on show, and TONS of Quake3 (among others) to be played.

Sunday, first day of ECTS in the Olympia. And the London Anime Club is meeting as well, if you're so inclined smile.gif

Sunday night, launch party for Unreal Tournament, in TPF... Press only, but we'll sort out something. Lots of UT to be played, prizes to be won, "famous" people from the games community in abundance.

Monday, more ECTS.

Tuesday, more ECTS again, and then fly back on Tuesday evening.

The plane ticket cost £65 + taxes, and what I'm really concerned about is making that back. There's also hotel accomodation booked for the Friday and Saturday night, we got a superb deal in a 3 star hotel on Hyde Park (with residents bar! smile.gif ) - £49 a night for an en suite room. You can take that or leave it though, or even take an additional two nights if you want to stay there and not risk the hostel-style accomodation that I was going for on the second 2 nights.

Those travelling, to the best of my knowledge, include myself, vagga, suds, hecate, teeth and prolly a couple of others.

If anyone is interested and can make it on that kind of short notice, just let me know - my email address is robert@webtrade.ie

Ja,
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Rob, contact me NOW with how you intend to sort the spare hotel room.

Chris.

Advertisement