Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent game

Options
  • 28-10-2003 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Just have to say, my love of this game grows by the day. Yesterday evening I had the best game so far. It was excellent, we were on the Adsl.org.co.uk DC server, on a map (cant remember the name of it) with lots of cliffs and canyons. No one was team killing, just having fun playing the game the way it should be played.
    I teamed up with another player on my team and we went about capturing bases. The best bit was when he was saying 'Follow me'... and started running up a sharp hill. I didn’t know what he was upto, he then went past some other teammates shouting 'follow me, lets go lets go', then he jumped off this huge cliff!!! Fecking unreal looking... I jumped too and both of us were within a few yards of each other..and the cliff edge! We then landed with a little help from our parachutes into a shallow river and were then promptly shot by the enemy straight away... but it was class :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yup BF1942 is a pretty deadly game. the first time i played it in the net cafe i was completely hooked!! Love this game and am looking forward to playin it online on thursday when i get my BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

It's nice when you find a few people who are genuinely interested in team play.

I was on a server a while back playing Lost Village, and myself and another guy were taking it in turns to fly and mini gun from the uh-60. Worked really well. It's a pity there isn't more of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I was on a server a while back playing Lost Village, and myself and another guy were taking it in turns to fly and mini gun from the uh-60. Worked really well. It's a pity there isn't more of that.
    Me and a guy on a pub done that too, except I alway flew and he always gunned, mainly because the one time he did pilot he done a pretty bad job of it :)

By the end of it he had over 70 kills, its was on bocage, I also got a good few points by landing on the fklags and capturing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

just out of interest. How do u fly those dam helicopters!! I find them so hard to fly. I can fly them okish in a straight line, but if i try to turn at all i crash immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

They will keep turning until you correct it. You turn left the chopper will keep turning left until you correct it by turning it right.

I find that to turn I use the rudder a lot more thenthe normal roll. Though I find a mix between both the perfect mix :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I use this gamepad to fly planes and helicopters...

gravis_gamepad_pro.jpg

Its a hell of a lot easier to fly the thing with this than using the keyboard. The only thing I find difficult is when I'm flying a plane, turning and shooting at the same time, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage when in a dogfight, but for the choppers, its perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I have a nice big saitek x45, which is pretty F-16ish. For something quick and arcadey, I think using the mouse and keyboard for choppers is much more suitable. I found the gamepad difficult because you can't fine tune a pass on a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Your mouse sensitivity settings have an awful lot to do with how well you can fly the choppers. I found it almost impossible with the default sensitivity, but i moved it around a bit and experimented for 5minutes on an empty server and found the right spot. Easy now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i had a mighty game 2 days ago.we were down 100 -19 on basrashs edge when i started playin.ME and 2 other guys team together and take all the flags but just lost 2-0. stupid teamates wouldnt hide and wait for the enemy's tickets to run down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i remember i had a great BF moment, where myself and an allied soldier were staring straight at each other, went to fire, and both were out of ammo. After a few seconds frantically trying to reload, i took aim, was about to fire, when out of nowhere a tank shell landed right on his head and blew him sky high, leaving me unscathed and laughing my ass off :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Deadwing
    i remember i had a great BF moment, where myself and an allied soldier were staring straight at each other, went to fire, and both were out of ammo

lol, yeah I had a funny moment like that yesturday. The guy I was fighting against ran out of ammo and frantically was trying to select another weapon to fire at me. Fortunally for me, he made the mistake of selecting the Mines... he swept the floor with 3 mines before I shot him in the head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I usually play it with one or two m8s and we use teamspeak , 1 flies the chopper and the other two bale out and take the flags ,

Eve of destruction is really starting to catch my eye these days .

John.

Originally posted by jonski
    Eve of destruction is really starting to catch my eye these days

tried it but I never got into it really. I can't stop playing DC, whenever I go and have a game of standard b1942 it feels a bit slow and boring compared to Dc Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by ando
    tried it but I never got into it really. I can't stop playing DC, whenever I go and have a game of standard b1942 it feels a bit slow and boring compared to Dc Imo

play fh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    play fh.

agreed. Forgotten Hope is a lot faster then regular BF. Im not too sure why. Or do what I do, 64bots on a small map. Always an interesting game like that ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by ando

Me too. Always run out of ammo too quickly in vanilla 1942 compared to DC aswell, which catches me by surprise sometimes. Mid gunfight you end up in a scenario like you mentioned where you dance around eachother.

Advertisement