Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEST Drive

Options
  • 28-10-2003 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Hello BF 1942 guru's, Couple of questions

1. is there an interweb cafe I can test drive BF to see if I like it before I buy it ?Im in Dublin

2. Will BF run on my computer ?
    its a 2.0Ghz Athlon with a ATI Radion 7200 (64mb)
    I will be playing single player and I guess I dont need super duper hi rez graphics.

I dont want to fork out for an expencive Graphics card if I dont really enjoy the game.

Thanks in advance for your help.

alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ok. To answer your second question ... Yes.

You should have no problem running Battlefield on your currant pc. Though remember if your going to be playing single player more ram you have the more bots and less lag you wull have.

On the net café front i am not too sure. dNC down in Temple Bar used to have it on most of the PCs there, did a few lans of it last year. If ou ask them they probably still have it there and possibly installed.

If not just download some of the Demos and enjoy them. Though as about 130mb each its a long wait ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by Winters

If not just download some of the Demos and enjoy them. Though as about 130mb each its a long wait ;)

It's ok, he has ntl cable:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

It's ok, he has ntl cable:ninja:
    Then he sould defineatly try out the multiplayer feature. Way better then single player. Its really what it was designed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Make sure you get Desert Combat as well, it's a modern warfare mod for BF1942, with a whole gamut of impressive weapons, vehicles, aircraft and maps to kill on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    Make sure you get Desert Combat as well, it's a modern warfare mod for BF1942, with a whole gamut of impressive weapons, vehicles, aircraft and maps to kill on :)
    Another 'must have' mod is Forgotten Hope, its a realism MOD of WW2, its simply superb to play, some of the models are a bit pants, but it plays great, even has the guns that BF itself missed, such as the famous M1 garand.

Id personally prefare Forgotten Hope to DC, but their both great MODs.

Another favourite MOD of mine, which Ive played more than the other 2 on-line is Eve of Destruction, its a Vietnam MOD and, also, plays superbly and is definately worth a look for on-line play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

guys thanks for the help Ill do some downloading tonight

Bus77 how do you I have cable internet ? I presume I said it somewhere on anotherthread but Im scared cause the 77 bus is near me. are you a scary stalker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Another 'must have' mod is Forgotten Hope, its a realism MOD of WW2, its simply superb to play, some of the models are a bit pants, but it plays great, even has the guns that BF itself missed, such as the famous M1 garand.

The Garand is in BF1942 1.5 afaik.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

The Garand is in BF1942 1.5 afaik.

Yup, Allied Engineer, but only on Pacific maps (Invasion of the Phillipines, Wake Island, prolly some other ones). Very similar to the MOHAA model...

"ping!"

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    Yup, Allied Engineer, but only on Pacific maps (Invasion of the Phillipines, Wake Island, prolly some other ones). Very similar to the MOHAA model...

"ping!"

Invasion of the Phillipines, Wake Island, Iwo Jima, Guadal Canal and also [i think] Coral Sea.

*ping*

• Advertisement
Advertisement