Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were and what is the name of shop that chips Playstation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ehh its some place on the quays down from forbidden planet.. tube records or summat.
    been in there a few times..
    mad dodgy store, "ehh yeah we don't copy games" , "yeah we've got loads of copies of metal gear solid a month before its release"
    we got it 3 months before them haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Try GameZone, under the rail bridge just up from Connolly Station (as you walk from the station to O'Connell Street). They do chips in there.

Be warned - several games that I've seen recently, including Final Fantasy VIII, check for the presence of a chip and won't run if they find one. There are hacks and ways round this, but it can be a pain in the aras.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Wired Records on the Quays.
    £25 AFAIR.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Emm I chipped a few myself before for mates, it's **** easy and the chips are only a few pence to buy, softwares on the net.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

Blade there does chips too!

• Advertisement

But Blade, you have way more experience with chips than we do! tongue.gif

(Ok so adra got there first... :/)

Yea, chipping a PS is dead easy - I've done it myself a few times, but I won't do it for a machine that I don't own myself, because it's also very easy to **** up - the PS is a 4-layer board with a lot of tight tracks on it, and you're soldering directly onto comms holes.... eek. Get that wrong, and you've got a dead PS on your hands...

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Cant you get some sort of module that you plug into the serial port at the back which acts as a mod chip?

Um, sort of.

There's a hacked BIOS about for the Action Replay cart that acts as a mod chip, but it doesn't work with all games. You should be able to find it online somewhere, if not try some of the UK distros. It's the dodgy Hong Kong model you want. smile.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You'd want to be a complete and utter muppet to **** it up as most of the contact points are massive and well away from anything dod***, only ones a bit tight and even at that I bridged it to the next pin and it still worked. Even the PIC 16c84 itself is DIL so you can't exactly miss the pins, infact I even did some with surface mount 84's seein I had a couple of hundred of the things sitting in my wardrobe smile.gif

I don't have the software handy anymore so if you want you can either get the latest version off the net somewhere or send me a chip with the software on it and I'll dump it out and send you back as many as you want.

Blade

They Banned the word D o d g e y? or is it anything with "G E Y" in it smile.gif

Blade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if your looking for the one that connects onto you playstation so you can play us and chinease and pirated games i can get my hands on one for ya if you like . e-mail me if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Q

Yes.
    *** is a banned word... next week, we ban the word 'pel' too smile.gif
    And besides, dodgy is spelt, um dodgy.

---
    The IGN Boards. Brought to you by the number '2', and the letter 'c'

Advertisement