Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lan slow as uck

Options
  • 02-09-1999 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well i got a 2 combo cards cable 2 terminators and 2 t pieces but its a a slow thing any reasons ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

I really havent a clue but have u tried the other type of wire (cat5? rj54? whats what here?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

We had this problem over the house network (2 machines going into a hub). Swapped cards and cables... but eventually the problem was solved by installing Win2k, now everything is peachy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

With that cable you're only getting 10 megabits, try some rj45 cable with yer combo cards, should get you a 100 megabit transfer rate. AFAIK.

sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

both cards need to be 100 mbit for that to work, also you will need a special rj45 cable
    if you're linking 2 pcs via rj45
    anymore than 2 and you'll need a hub
    make sure the cables are cat 5, they're not near any electric cables/powersource...
    are the connections at each end well attached

http://www.helmig.com/
    has loads of info on it as someone posted B4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Could just be bad cable
    Co-az is sufficient I mean 10mbt/s is a whopper of a speed for just going betwen two machines. Also if you get the 10baseTX cable, you will need a hub or will need to twist the cable.

Try to get some diff. cable and then have a look at the network cards themselves. Full -Duplex nd half - Duplex 'n such thing effect speed afaik

Gav

• Advertisement
Advertisement