Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Monitors

• 28-10-2003 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the hell is happening here?

I got this card recently and have decided to run an extended desktop over two monitors with it.

The monitors are 2 and 3 years old. The secondary monitor shows up as a clone when I boot but it is not recognised at all let alone as a new plug and play monitor when Windows starts (Windows 2000 SP3) hence although it is displaying stuff windows dosnt know its there and I wont let me span the desktop across it. Its driving me up the wall.

I have the secondary monitor running from a DVI slot with an adaptor though I dont see how that would matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

make sure you have the latest drivers for the graphics card. turn off cloning and reboot, maybe the fact that the driver is cloning is preventing windows from detecting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

figured it out the nview software that came with the card was set to clone, so I set it to span. the monitor is now registered as a single wide screen monitor in display properties, not what I was expecting but the result is the same. tanks Acous

Advertisement