Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens on iol when you go over the cap?

• 28-10-2003 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Has anyone gone over their limit?

Do you pay or is access stopped or are you free to download what you like and hope they don't charge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Apparently they take it out of your account when your next bill is due, so you pay your bi-monthly advance and the extra MB's you've used.
    Dunno if anyone's gone over the limit, but they're not going to cut your service, what's the reasoning behind that? :D
    Anyways your limit is 8GB now, are you close to the limit? I havent even used half this month...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

so - has anyone been charged for going over the limit.

When does the month start ? Is it from the date you are enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

The month starts at the 1st of that month and ends at the 29th/30th/31st of that month.

This is proved by how IOL's usage stats page (http://broadband.iol.ie/cgi-bin/sec/dsl) resets at the start of every month.

Personally, I am now at 7.16GB. I've been making the most of the enlarged cap as you can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

I got an answer from customer support - you will be charged if you go over.

What I'm wondering is this scare tactics or do they actaually charge? I only got it last week and am unlikely to go over this month.

Has anyone gone over?

Advertisement