Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin City real-time congestion map

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

lol @ no data for M50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

No part of the M50 is within Dublin City Councils command, all of the M50 is in Fingal, South Dublin and (eventually) Dun Laoighaire/Rathdown County Councils. The pink line all the way 'round shows this.

Useful tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wish i had that map handy before i set off from grand canal dock to the quays today.
    Journey took over 1 hr !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

The M50 carpark was probably off the scale !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks for that Victor - very useful indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by NeRb666
    lol @ no data for M50
    Check out / harass the relevant councils. Traffic control will eventually get control of the major routes **only** out to the M50.

Might make sense to better aline the city boundary with the M50 in some places also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

thats quite good but how do they get the data?

A better quality/more detailed map would not go astray either

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hmm, Thats quite good.

I wonder if those "camera looking boxes" that are poistioned above/accross the roads the sensors?

Simon

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

heh imagine the guy whos job it is to look at the cameras and colour the map in.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ando
    thats quite good but how do they get the data?
    The city council and the NRA have sensors on most routes to count traffic and measure speeds. Various different types are used from cameras and radar "guns" to sensor strips built into the road surface.
    Originally posted by ando
    A better quality/more detailed map would not go astray either
    More detail, more complications. No doubt they will add other routes as the sensors are installed.
    Originally posted by Slaanesh
    heh imagine the guy whos job it is to look at the cameras and colour the map in.
    I think a computer does it ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement