Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash type memory questions.

• 28-10-2003 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Background: Picking up a Nokia N-gage tonight and haven't a clue about the possibilities or limitations of the multi media memory cards that it uses.
    Am I correct in saying it's basically just non-volatile RAM?

The N-gage, afaik, connects to the PC through the USB port to transfer songs/files onto the mmc. Do the card readers on sale only read them or can they write to the cards too? Thinking is, writing direct from the PC would give more versatility.

N-gage games come on memory cards too. In theory, is their any reason why games cannot be downloaded off the web, or from a card reader for that matter, "burned" onto a card and used in the phone? (I refuse to call it a deck!)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

card readers allow read and write. pretty cheap too.
    try amazon.co.uk
    i got one recently to fit into the 3 1/2" bay

i'd say if the n-gage takes off you'll find a whole stack of games from the web.

dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement